lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2018, 08:04 PM   #41
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 92 CC DS gas, convert to lithium electric rebuild thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Moving to the battery, motor, controller, solenoid and wiring.
Wholly crud - a 14 module.... Where you going, around the world. My 7 module has taken me everywhere with room to spare...

Still looking good though.... Professional install.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2018, 05:44 AM   #42
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Wholly crud - a 14 module.... Where you going, around the world. My 7 module has taken me everywhere with room to spare...

Still looking good though.... Professional install.
Yeah, the 14 module might be overkill. My buddy is looking into buying property that will not have power, water, shelter or anything really. So didn't want to have to worry about range for week long camping.

Thanks for the compliment! Getting close to doing the wiring though. That is not my strong point!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:06 AM   #43
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
-snip-

Thanks for the compliment! Getting close to doing the wiring though. That is not my strong point!
But it is actually the easiest part as you will be taking your time and going slow while seeking perfection. That is actually my favorite part as I pride myself in design and layout so I present a professional job with User-Friendly accesses.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:22 AM   #44
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

So this post will bring us to the current status of the build. Unfortunately other life responsibilities need tending to.

The F&R switch will be mounted upside down. It does utilize two of the existing holes from the original mounting holes for the gas F&R lever. Also, by mounting it upside down, this covers the hole that the original linkage passed through, and I can use that to run the wires through. If I were to mount it "correctly", the hole would not be covered. There are still a couple mounting holes from the original F&R switch that currently are not being used. I will either just place black bolts and nut in those to cover, or I may end up using them for mounting other things to the inside if needed.

IMG_1660 - Copy.jpg

I decided to get a set of fender flares. This being a 92, there are not any flares that are made for it. Found out that 94 is the first year for DS models that anyone makes flares for. However, I figure I can figure out a way to make them work. The front flares went on with out any fitment issues. The rear ones will take a little more thought to make them look good. Apparently it is the rear body panel of these that has the difference from 94 and on. I think by using some angled spacers I can get them to look good. If anyone else has already done this, any advice would be appreciated!

IMG_1635 - Copy.jpg
IMG_1637 - Copy.jpg

I used some spare fasteners I had on hand to mount them on, for now. I did them backwards so that I can easily get a measurement of lengths needed, when I get the final fasteners. I want to end up using black fasteners for any that will be visible. Anyone know where I can find black fasteners that wont rust?
Old 10-30-2018, 10:58 AM   #45
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
The F&R switch will be mounted upside down.

The rear ones will take a little more thought to make them look good. Apparently it is the rear body panel of these that has the difference from 94 and on. I think by using some angled spacers I can get them to look good. If anyone else has already done this, any advice would be appreciated!
I love the idea of an upside down F-N-R switch, tried mounting mine upside down, but will need some work as the holes are all different and it has a guide pin. But, my 5 year old son loves to bump the switch into neutral while we are riding and an upside down switch would solve that.

For the rear flares, it looks like a set of Jeep CJ rear flares would work perfect. Round Arched fender flares.

Look for Black Oxide Stainless Steel Bolts. Many to choose from on e-bay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Oxide...-/172455598686

Did not see if they are the "rust proof" type of stainless though.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:18 AM   #46
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Very nice build!! I've been following this.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:53 AM   #47
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Now for paint. I decided to use bed liner since I will be using this in the woods.

Attachment 177129

Now it's starting to look like something!

Hey.....that looks like my truck bed!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 02:35 PM   #48
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I'd just paint the heads of the screws black, but if that's not your style you can get black anodized aluminum screws.
Just posting this as an example: https://cdnimages.opentip.com/full/PIP/PIP-PP3155BK.jpg

Yes, the newer DS bodies have a flared lip on the rear fenders moulded into the form. The fender flare kits are made to attach to the existing flare.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:02 AM   #49
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4ever View Post
I love the idea of an upside down F-N-R switch, tried mounting mine upside down, but will need some work as the holes are all different and it has a guide pin. But, my 5 year old son loves to bump the switch into neutral while we are riding and an upside down switch would solve that.

Look for Black Oxide Stainless Steel Bolts. Many to choose from on e-bay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Oxide...-/172455598686

Did not see if they are the "rust proof" type of stainless though.
Ag4ever, I'm glad you brought up the guide pin. I forgot to mention that. Mine had one as well. Mounting it upside down, the guide pin has no where to fit into. I just cut and filed it off. There is plenty of holding power from the two bolts, no need for the guide pin anyway.

Thanks for the info on black fasteners! I'll look into it!
Old 10-31-2018, 08:07 AM   #50
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
I'd just paint the heads of the screws black, but if that's not your style you can get black anodized aluminum screws.
Just posting this as an example: https://cdnimages.opentip.com/full/PIP/PIP-PP3155BK.jpg

Yes, the newer DS bodies have a flared lip on the rear fenders moulded into the form. The fender flare kits are made to attach to the existing flare.
I was thinking of just painting the fasteners. But, I figure with how I will be using the cart, the paint will chip off and bug the ever living ____ out of me! Thanks for the link! I'll check it out!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car