lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2019, 10:57 AM   #1
Parksfamilyranch
Not Yet Wild

Default Issue going forward or reverse

Having issue all the sudden with a used club car gas I purchased for my wife to putt putt around the farm.

It's one of the cars that you turn the ignition on and the engine kicks in when you push the exellorater. When we first got it I had to replace battery but after doing that if you pressed the accelerator half way the cart would kick in and finally go. Now it wont go at all either direction. I have a video I'll attach here soon once I figure it out.

I know nothing about these things just need to get it up and running so wife can check animals.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Parksfamilyranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2019, 11:13 AM   #2
Parksfamilyranch
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Issue going forward or reverse

Ok I took a video but wont let me post it till I'm a member for 7 days.

I uploaded it on YouTube and was trying to share the link.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:29 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

what exactly is it doing when you press the accelerator? nothing at all? engine run but it doesn't move? Engine run real slow but it doesn't fire up or rev? Do you hear a click?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:48 AM   #4
Parksfamilyranch
Not Yet Wild

When I press the accelerator it runs real slow it does not rev up.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:49 AM   #5
Parksfamilyranch
Not Yet Wild

I wish it could link a video it would show exactly what it does

Old 07-15-2019, 12:03 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

What's the year of the cart? Would help to know which motor is in it. There are a few different ones through the years.

If the starter is turning, you're either missing fuel or spark.

Get a spare spark plug. Pull the plug wire off the engine, stick the spare plug in it, lay it on the engine where it's touching clean metal.

On the back of the shift lever there's a yellow knob, pull it out, turn it 180° and let it go. This allows you to run the engine with the shifter in neutral so the cart will not try to drive away.
Key on, press the pedal for 10 seconds or so. See if you have spark. It should be consistent and bright blue/white. If it's weak/dim, yellowish color, or spark comes and goes, there's a coil or rev limiter issue.

If you have good spark, then you may have a fuel supply issue. The carb could need to be cleaned, or the pump may have failed. Specifics on going much further than that depend what year the cart is.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 01:26 PM   #7
Parksfamilyranch
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I pulled the spark plug and it was corroded to death. So I went purchased a new one and put it in. No change how the cart acts.

So I pulled fuel line that has filter. Pressed accelerator and I'm not seeing any fuel. So next step I pulled filter to see if it pushed fuel without it. No fuel.

So does these card run an electric pump or something. There is a circular box on side of fuel tank that has all th fuel lines running to.

Took pictures of it all. Hopefully it helps.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:04 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Looks like it's not getting fuel, so it's not going to run :) What you're seeing is the starter/generator turning the motor over to try and start it, but the motor itself isn't actually running.

I would start simple first, it looks like that tank is either really really full, or dern near completely empty. I would start by putting a couple gallons of fresh gas in it and see what happens before you go too crazy trying to diagnose something.

Even if there's a little fuel in the bottom, if there's a crack somewhere in the pickup tube near the bottom, it may be sucking in air instead of gas. If it happened all of the sudden, and was going along fine before that, it may be as simple of a solution as pouring in some fresh gas.

It may take a minute for it to prime the fuel lines before you start seeing it flow into the filter. And it's perfectly normal for the fuel filter to only be half full, so if you don't see it fill completely up don't worry about it. If we can get fuel to the filter I think you'll be in good shape.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:21 PM   #9
Parksfamilyranch
Not Yet Wild

Tank was nearly full but for grins I filled full. I ran and ran and the filter wouldnt fill. So I took of the line going to the fuel filter/carb and primed it directly till filter and line was full of fuel.

After a couple turns the motor started like a champ. I went ahead and put seat down and ran it in reverse then took off forward. Moving last about a block then it died out again. I opened seat back up and fuel filter is still full or close too.

Old 07-15-2019, 04:52 PM   #10
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Sounds like the fuel pump isn't working.

Remove the hose that runs from the fuel pump (black box on the side of the tank) to the motor. This is the pulse line that makes it work. Remove it completely and make sure you can easily blow through it. If it is clogged with oil and residue, the pulse wont get to the pump to make it work
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car