lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2021, 05:02 PM   #131
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hunting Cart down

OK,installed another motor and used your hot wire paper and the motor run in both directions. I guess the next step is to hook the controller back up and see if the cart will go in both directions or has the motor issue hurt the new controller. Do you guys agree?
busman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2021, 06:06 PM   #132
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by busman9 View Post
OK,installed another motor and used your hot wire paper and the motor run in both directions. I guess the next step is to hook the controller back up and see if the cart will go in both directions or has the motor issue hurt the new controller. Do you guys agree?
Yup. That’s exactly what I would do.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 06:17 PM   #133
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yes. That the next step.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 06:19 PM   #134
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Hooked up the old motor and have the same results,goes in R but shudders in Forward. I guess the next step is to see if I can send the controller to Alltrax to be tested and contact ScottyB and see what to do about the motor.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????
Old 12-29-2021, 06:31 PM   #135
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'd have the SW202 checked out also.
Old 01-02-2022, 06:02 PM   #136
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Johnnie,Please view the photos attached. My electrical guy at work looked at the motor and he found these hot spots but unless the motor is only drawing excessive Amps when running he can not fing the reason on the bench why it would be getting hot but says this is not normal. As you will see in the photos it in at only 2 spots not all four?
https://buggiesgonewild.com/attachme...1&d=1641164497
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0496.jpg (154.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0497.jpg (154.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0498.jpg (130.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0499.jpg (129.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-02-2022, 07:22 PM   #137
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Johnnie,Please view the photos attached. My electrical guy at work looked at the motor and he found these hot spots but unless the motor is only drawing excessive Amps when running he can not fing the reason on the bench why it would be getting hot but says this is not normal. As you will see in the photos it in at only 2 spots not all four?
There are a total of four stator windings and they are connected in a 2S2P (Two sets of two in series connected in parallel), so the could be higher amp flow through half of the stator windings.

Obviously, there are some motor issues, but for the life of me I cannot understand how the problem could be directional.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Motor internal wiring.jpg (57.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-24-2022, 12:05 PM   #138
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Busman9.....I haven't seen any update to this for some time. Any information you care to post about any progress?
Old 01-24-2022, 07:45 PM   #139
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Dave,Thanks for asking. I sent the controller to Alltrax to be checked and have not heard back from them yet. When I get that answer I will let everyone know the answer and then figure out the next step. ScottyB has offered to check the contactor if needed but I do not think that is the problem? There is NO ONE around that can or is willing to check the Admiral motor but I have an old motor installed in the cart that when I hot wired worked in both directions so I will proceed with that motor and see what happens.
Old 01-25-2022, 01:57 PM   #140
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Dave,Thanks for asking. I sent the controller to Alltrax to be checked and have not heard back from them yet. When I get that answer I will let everyone know the answer and then figure out the next step. ScottyB has offered to check the contactor if needed but I do not think that is the problem? There is NO ONE around that can or is willing to check the Admiral motor but I have an old motor installed in the cart that when I hot wired worked in both directions so I will proceed with that motor and see what happens.
Post when you have info.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO