lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2022, 04:57 PM   #1
2000yamahag16
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default hesitation problem yamaha g16

have a 98 yamaha g16 with a hesitation when gas pedal is pushed to the floor but it runs great other wise if i ease into the pedal it will not hesitat ..... i have built a brand new g16 motor in it everything is new and the correct parts for 98 yamaha g16
2000yamahag16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2022, 07:45 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: hesitation problem yamaha g16

My first inclination is to say it's carburetor related, or possibly fuel supply. Is the carb a genuine Mikuni?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:04 AM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I've had this issue several times usually after the carts sit for the winter or similar. It has varnish build up in the jets.
The carb needs to come off and taken apart and soaked in carb cleaner to remove it, spray cleaner won't do it.
Cleaner comes in a gallon from any of the box auto parts stores, has a little basket in it although it is a little pricey at around $30 a gallon.
Need to remove all jets and screws and soak for about an hour to really get it out.
Reassemble, make sure the filter box is properly sealed and should be good to go.

Also, while it is off, check the insulator block behind the carb for cracks.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 11:03 AM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
I've had this issue several times usually after the carts sit for the winter or similar. It has varnish build up in the jets.
The carb needs to come off and taken apart and soaked in carb cleaner to remove it, spray cleaner won't do it.
Cleaner comes in a gallon from any of the box auto parts stores, has a little basket in it although it is a little pricey at around $30 a gallon.
Need to remove all jets and screws and soak for about an hour to really get it out.
Reassemble, make sure the filter box is properly sealed and should be good to go.

Also, while it is off, check the insulator block behind the carb for cracks.
I second this whole thing. Right after the gummed up carb issues can't say how many of those insulator blocks I had fail. Someone here had suggested part of this was using the K&N filter that does not support the carb like the stock unit does.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha