Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2022, 07:48 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2016 Club Car Precedent Highly Modified + Lithium

To an extent I agree with the rear seat comment but also understand you don’t have or want to put any more $ into it.

Looking around, there’s a LOT of precedents around SE Michigan in the $5-8k range, most lifted with a back seat and similar mods minus lithium. Truth is, most buyers probably aren’t really aware of lithium or the benefits, or the cost, they’re just looking for something nice and pretty that runs and drives them around the neighborhood or lake.

I also think the current economy plays a part in it. Especially after ford just laid off a few thousand people, Rivian, and the entire automotive industry (Detroit’s pulse) is a little uneasy right now, a lot of people are thinking a bit more conservatively.

Plus it’s getting towards the end of the summer when you start to see more and more for sale, if it was March/April it would probably have sold already.

Just bad conditions lately all around. I’m here with you and seen it first hand. The cheap carts, or really anything under $3k sells within a day or less. But the nicer ones that are built it might take some time, or you really lose your shirt. Hate to see that happen. Hang in there, it’ll sell :) I would consider Matt’s suggestion about a back seat though, it makes a HUGE difference in the responses you get. People don’t realize for a few hundred bucks they could put whatever seat they want on it
Old 08-26-2022, 10:04 PM   #13
69mock1
Not Yet Wild

Yeah you might be right with the backseat. That just seems so lame when you consider what you have here and a golf cart. I’m not one to pat myself on the back but it’s awesome!!

That’s why I put those YouTube videos up of me not only explaining it but driving it with a Speedometer app opened on my iPhone showing the top end..

I think that you’re spot on with they just want something that’s pretty but when it comes down to all out reliability handling and performance those important factors blow right over their head
Old 08-26-2022, 10:12 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69mock1 View Post

I think that you’re spot on with they just want something that’s pretty but when it comes down to all out reliability handling and performance those important factors blow right over their head
That’s a lot of it right there.

It’s like cars. A majority of people buying cars like them, think they’re pretty and whatever. They buy it, drive it a few years, and then sell it for another one. They’ll never modify anything on it, so anything to it, join a message board or anything. Golf carts aren’t much different for the most part. People will buy them, and if they have a back seat and lights usually won’t ever do anything else to it. Then after a few years (usually when they need batteries and they get battery sticker shock) they sell it.

For something upgraded whether it’s a golf cart, car, truck, whatever. With these kinds of upgrades it’s gonna take a certain someone to appreciate everything that went into it. The other people are just gonna get something that’s shiny and pretty and a little cheaper even if it’s not as good/fast/reliable/etc.

Big golf tournament in grand blanc tomorrow and lot of people with a lot of money there. I see the cars parked everywhere maybe drive it up with a big for sale sign on it from parking lot to parking lot. Someone will see it :)
Old 08-26-2022, 11:37 PM   #15
69mock1
Not Yet Wild

Hey thank you for the heads up with that golf tournament. 😀😀👍👍
Old 08-27-2022, 02:12 PM   #16
69mock1
Not Yet Wild

Cart sold this morning. It was a fun ride and a great build. Take care
Old 08-27-2022, 07:45 PM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69mock1 View Post
Cart sold this morning. It was a fun ride and a great build. Take care

Didn’t even have to go to the golf tournament to do it :). Listening to the music of Kane brown whoever that is through my walls now guess it’s a golf tournament/rock concert
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts