lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2014, 01:04 PM   #1
kuskus78
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Checklist for Newbe with G2 Gas Cart

Hello All,

First let me start out by saying I don't have a lot of mechanical knowledge with working with engines and carts. I am very mechanically inclined and have worked with me hands for years (not afraid to get dirty and can figure most things out by reading forums like BGW).

I just purchased a Yamaha G2 for up north. My buddy picked it up for me and he replaced the front wheel bearings and we changed the spark plug. The stock engine is running really well and starts after sitting in 20 degree weather over night just with a little choke.

The guy i bought it from did his own 6" lift and added head lights and bigger wheels.

My question is, is there a check list or an order i should follow or you would recommended to give the cart a full once over (fluids, oil and gas filters,....).
Not really sure where to start, but need some direction to get me on my path, I also plan on adding extras to the cart in the future. I'm hoping it will be a good learning and fun experience.

I'm sure i'll be asking lots of dumb and easy answer questions, but look forward to talking with you all.

Thanks in advance, John
kuskus78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2014, 07:33 PM   #2
pYr8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Checklist for Newbe with G2 Gas Cart

First off, welcome to BGW!
An oil & filters change can't ever hurt. Not sure how cold it will get "up north" but a 10-30 should work OK for ya. If you're talking super cold, maybe a 5-30 but I could be wrong there. I've seen where some like to use pure synthetic oil.
pYr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha