lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2014, 09:02 PM   #1
curtis tactical
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ GO with polaris indy 500 engine

Hi guys I am new here just had some questions. Some time ago a friend of mines wife passed away and he needed some money. I bought his EZ GO that had a Polaris Indy 500 2 cylinder 2 stroke snowmobile engine swap done. It has an atv front end with coil over shocks front and rear. When I got it the engine was not running so I rebuilt the engine and just fired it up today. This thing is fun. The only real problem I see is whoever done the front end did not do the steering correctly so it doesn't steer that well but other than that it seems to have been done pretty well. I know pics would help but I just figured I would see if anyone here had any interest in it first. I just don't have the time to put into this thing to finish it up but it is all there and drivable it just needs some refining done, other than the steering its ready to go. If anyone has interest in this let me know and I will post some pics. Thanks.
curtis tactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2014, 11:07 PM   #2
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ GO with polaris indy 500 engine

Pics and location?
And maybe a move to the "For Sale" section?
TheGDFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:54 AM   #3
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Curtis...... It's no big deal that you started off on the wrong foot....it happens sometimes. More appropriately we should have said "Welcome to BGW!". Stay a while and get to know the folks here and once you have poked around a bit and posted the minimum posts, head over to the for sale thread and post your machine there. Anyway, good luck with your project.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:05 AM   #4
curtis tactical
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccowboy View Post
Curtis...... It's no big deal that you started off on the wrong foot....it happens sometimes. More appropriately we should have said "Welcome to BGW!". Stay a while and get to know the folks here and once you have poked around a bit and posted the minimum posts, head over to the for sale thread and post your machine there. Anyway, good luck with your project.
This was more of the introduction I am use to thank you, you are a gentleman. I was just really surprised to see someone being a smarta** with me already. I didn't post this in the for sale column because I didn't see one, seemed kind of odd that's why it ended up where it did. My fault for not introducing myself properly I suppose. I did not come here to just make quick sale or get more money I just figured that the guys who play with these things all the time would appreciate this. I would like to get some thoughts on this before selling it because I really have no idea what its worth. I really had plans to finish this project up but I just don't have the time now. I own a machine shop where we manufacture firearm silencers and custom rifles, in August my shop burnt down so right now I am in the middle of getting a new shop rebuilt which is my reason for selling this. I will post some pics later you guys can let me know what you think.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:16 AM   #5
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

It sounds really nice, I can't wait to see some pics of it.

Sorry to hear about your shop, glad you're in the rebuild phase though.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #6
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

There is a for sale section but certain functions on the forum aren't usable until you have a certain number of posts. Sorry to hear about your shop. I'm an avid shooter (job requirement) so it's good to know a class 3 guy. Now this particular thread is definitely appropriate is you are thinking if fixing the the cart yourself and maybe you should hold on to it until you're back on your feet with the shop. There is also a couple of sections for custom carts that you should have access to. There are a ton of knowledgeable folks here who will gladly help you with the project.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #7
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Btw we love pics!
Old 12-11-2014, 07:10 PM   #8
curtis tactical
Not Yet Wild

Here's some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0105.jpg (333.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0106.jpg (387.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0109.jpg (305.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0110.jpg (168.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0102.jpg (197.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #9
rib33024

That's great, Welcome to BGW, you have a 89 ezgo marathon cart, and a nice cart at that
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:55 PM   #10
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Lets just breathe lol....... You have a 1989 Marathon body and frame. Run your serial here:
http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html

Other than that, I dont have any experience with the Polaris engine setup. The steering issue is gonna require a little more info and some diagnosis to figure out but not beyond the realm of possibility to get straight. There are a couple of guys who are close to "subject matter experts" in this year model. One of which is "1989 Marathon" Hes done a ton of custom stuff with that year cart and would be a good resource for you to pick his brain.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO