lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #11
curtis tactical
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZ GO with polaris indy 500 engine

The guy who done the front suspension and steering used an automotive style tie rod end and just drilled a hole through a .25" plate to mount them which left a bunch of slop, I think a good fix for this would be heim joints. The second problem is the center link is way too short and the tie rods way too long so they don't travel on the same axis as the A arms which causes the tires to steer as the suspension travels. I think an easy fix would be making the center link come to where the pivot point of the A arm is then shorten the tie rods accordingly then attach using heim joints. I played a little today, from a dead stop it will pull the front tires off the ground, sure is fun. I would say it tops out about 50-55 mph, the Polaris motor is strong.
curtis tactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2014, 08:17 PM   #12
rib33024

50 mph is fast for some bad steering, the helm joints sound like the way to fix it, can you get some more close up pics of the front end and the slop your talking about
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:24 PM   #13
curtis tactical
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
50 mph is fast for some bad steering, the helm joints sound like the way to fix it, can you get some more close up pics of the front end and the slop your talking about
Ill get some close ups of the steering and suspension tomarrow, and yes it was a little scary topped out I figured worst case I could bail into the nice soft hay field
Old 12-11-2014, 08:41 PM   #14
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Bwahahaha.... Or a drag chute! There was a recent thread that some guys were working a front end with those type joints. BTW list me as a beneficiary on your life insurance lol
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:00 PM   #15
rib33024

Yeah i'm not sure how old CT is, but that soft hay field aint as soft as you think it is at 50 mph and years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtis tactical View Post
Ill get some close ups of the steering and suspension tomarrow, and yes it was a little scary topped out I figured worst case I could bail into the nice soft hay field
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccowboy View Post
Bwahahaha.... Or a drag chute! There was a recent thread that some guys were working a front end with those type joints. BTW list me as a beneficiary on your life insurance lol
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #16
curtis tactical
Not Yet Wild

The heim joints are pretty cool, you mount a stud to the arm then the joint mounts to the stud with a pivoting eyelet. Looks like I'm going to tear into and see what happens, I have started looking at some of the projects here and getting the desire to finish this project up. I guess my Samurai will have to wait a little while before she gets the lift and tires.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:05 PM   #17
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Use the search feature of the site. You will probably find a ton of info to help you out. Keep us posted.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #18
curtis tactical
Not Yet Wild

I'm old enough that taking a tumble in a field hurts for days now, I gave up motocross years ago because I just got tired of hurting all the time. This is kind of a joke with me because I build guns for a living, I tell everybody I had to give up bikes and play with something safer so I play with guns now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Yeah i'm not sure how old CT is, but that soft hay field aint as soft as you think it is at 50 mph and years old
Old 12-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #19
curtis tactical
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccowboy View Post
Use the search feature of the site. You will probably find a ton of info to help you out. Keep us posted.
Will do and thanks for the help so far guys its much appreciated.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:53 PM   #20
Bikertrash00
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Nice Marathon!
Bikertrash00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO