lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2014, 05:19 PM   #1
bforester1982
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha gaser questions

Thinking about buying a stock 2010 yamaha gaser. Wanting to lift 4-6" with a back seat? What are yals opinions? I've heard the yamaha's can get squirrelly when lifted with a rear seat. Thoughts?
bforester1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2014, 05:50 PM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha gaser questions

Welcome. A Yamaha isn't going to be any more squirrelier than any other cart. Proper toe-in is the key when adding a lift.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:33 PM   #3
bforester1982
Not Yet Wild

I'm pretty new to all this.....what exactly is "toe-in"? Thanks.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:32 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Toe in is when your tires are pointed inwards. You want "just a hair" of toe in for good handling.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #5
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

My Yamaha cars are as stable as any other brand that has a lift. Fact is, you raise the center of gravity with the lift kit and the larger tires even it out some by increasing the width.The lift kits, larger tires and increased speed that many people do(including me), all combine to make carts less stable. You just have to decide exactly what you want.
Dflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:27 PM   #6
bforester1982
Not Yet Wild

Thanks fellas. I'm looking at a 2010 Yamaha gaser that looked brand new. Stock for $3000. Then I can spend the extra $1000 I've got in lift and tires. What are yals experiences with long travel lifts?
Old 12-29-2014, 08:46 PM   #7
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

LT lift with decent wheels and tires will be more than a $1,000. I'm currently modifying my Jake's long travel lift on a cart I am building. I'm a fan of "bigger is better" when it comes to these carts. Go ahead, take a look at my build... http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...igh-rider.html
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:51 PM   #8
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If you take a two person cart and convert it to a four person cart you will need to replace the rear springs with heavy-duty springs. http://www.jakesliftkits.com/liftkit...it-(pair)/6280 . Because the weight of two passengers the engine, transaxle, and two added passengers is at or past the center of the cart most of the weight is to the rear. Tire pressure is important for the same reason. I replaced my Mad Jacks 23X10.5X12 (12psi) tires with Duro Desert X-Country 23X10.5X12 (20psi) tires. If your use the Jake’s 6” spindle lift the camber of the two front tires will be leaning in and you will have to toe out the front in about ¾” to get it to stabilize. I installed some homemade spacers on the two front shocks, this extended them and brought the camber to 0deg and straightened them up. Now the toe can be set closer to factory specs 1/8” to 3/8” in which ever feels better. If you like a stiff front end the spacers work just fine, but I want a more comfortable ride and I am working on another way to correct the camber. If you lift it and use taller tires don’t forget a torque spring for the driven clutch. http://www.jakesliftkits.com/liftkit...amaha-g29/6222 You can do all of this yourself or talk to Don Plowman and he will fix you up.
Robert
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:07 PM   #9
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

mine is jake 6up, i have very wide tires, its set for 23mph, and i have had it on 2 wheels many times, that's the price for a lift and tires. when you get them in the air you better slow down on corners'''''''''''''
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 05:56 PM   #10
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEdition View Post
If you take a two person cart and convert it to a four person cart you will need to replace the rear springs with heavy-duty springs. http://www.jakesliftkits.com/liftkit...it-(pair)/6280 . Because the weight of two passengers the engine, transaxle, and two added passengers is at or past the center of the cart most of the weight is to the rear. Tire pressure is important for the same reason. I replaced my Mad Jacks 23X10.5X12 (12psi) tires with Duro Desert X-Country 23X10.5X12 (20psi) tires. If your use the Jake’s 6” spindle lift the camber of the two front tires will be leaning in and you will have to toe out the front in about ¾” to get it to stabilize. I installed some homemade spacers on the two front shocks, this extended them and brought the camber to 0deg and straightened them up. Now the toe can be set closer to factory specs 1/8” to 3/8” in which ever feels better. If you like a stiff front end the spacers work just fine, but I want a more comfortable ride and I am working on another way to correct the camber. If you lift it and use taller tires don’t forget a torque spring for the driven clutch. http://www.jakesliftkits.com/liftkit...amaha-g29/6222 You can do all of this yourself or talk to Don Plowman and he will fix you up.
Robert

Well said Robert but, swingarm, tires, engine and trans are all below the rear shocks. They just use the tires to support the weight. For super duty rear shocks, I suggest the rear shocks from a Polaris Sportsman. Of course, some modification would need to be made...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cartbuild12.jpg (173.8 KB, 0 views)
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha