lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2015, 08:39 AM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New xct400pds

I will be using the OEM solenoid bracket. It fits either the top or bottom mounting bolt pattern. Let me know if you need an OEM sol. bracket. pics later
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2015, 09:51 AM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I used an OEM bracket with the DCX, so I already have one. Thanks for the offer.

The problem I see is the clearance between the bracket and B- or F2(?) terminals. It could be elevated above them with longer bolts attaching the XCT to the mounting adapter, but I need to eyeball it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:03 AM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

OR ... A thread coupler could be used as a nut for the control install and recieve a short bolt for the solenoid bracket.
I have to leave for a few hours, I'll look at it and your posts when I come back.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:59 PM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Here's what I got; the OEM solenoid bracket fits on this rig in 4 positions. I think I will one of the two shown here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg install 5.jpg (52.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg install 7.jpg (60.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg install 6.jpg (62.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-31-2015, 04:06 PM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I noted pre-set under voltage was at 38v and I moved it to 27v to allow 36v operation. Reconfigured a gentler throttle curve based upon my experience with the Club Car and Johnnies comments about his initial findings. I will start here in hunting mode/turbo on.
Add as many throttle curve points as you like, I started with one to keep it simple. Once I find a base point I like I can smooth the transition between the 2 rates by adding more points. Many of us learned this stuff playing with RC electronics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg program 1.JPG (108.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg program1.0.JPG (114.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-31-2015, 06:01 PM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I looks like the OEM bracket will do the job.

I pieced together some wiring and got the speed sensor on my D&D motor to plug into the XCT.
Now the regen braking works.

I like the Regen braking on the XCT better than on the DCX, it slows the cart to a much lower speed before it drops out. With the DCX, it slowed to about 10 MPH and I used the mechanical brakes to stop, with the XCT, it slows almost to a stop. Must be a combination of regen braking and plug braking.

---------

I see you are modifying the Speed curve. I tried the Torque curve and wasn't too happy with results, so I'll try the speed curve next.

I don't know if it is possible (yet), but I want the first 2/3 (about) of the pedal travel for maneuvering in tight places and the last 1/3 for the road.

In audio terms, it is a 65:35 taper.

The magic numbers are hidden in there somewhere, now all I have to do is find where they are hiding.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 06:19 PM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My speed curve is pretty good. The average person could manage the cart in any situation like this. I may tweak on it some just to play with it when I get the new batteries ..... yeah that's right. I gotta buy batts I would really like to get 8v but I need the data for the 6v first ..... I'll have to think on this conundrum.

My pack only holds 90% charge (37. and drops to 31v under load. Okay here's what you all been waiting for... I'll stop jawing and show the install pics for a stock PDS cart. These 3 begin after the stock controller and solenoid was removed.
Note the wire ends needed changing on F1 and F1 wires. Note also the proper location of F1 and F2 as shown in the pic. The orientation is swapped around from the official install diagram per Johnnies startling discovery.
Note too, how the OEM PDS plugs attach directly into the control, no more adapter, and note the motor pigtail now plugs in too. Cool.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg install 9.jpg (57.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg install 10.jpg (49.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg install 11.jpg (49.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg install8.jpg (49.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-31-2015, 06:30 PM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay so in the interest of providing a true consumer's install I used the original wiring and cables. The short cable from solenoid to controller B+ mandated that I install the solenoid as close as possible to controller B+ terminal, which I did.

However If I was using a recommended 4g custom cable set I would have plenty of length to put the solenoid on the opposite side of the control leaving better access to the program port. But it is very doable this way so here are the pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg install 13.jpg (48.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg install 14.jpg (55.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-31-2015, 08:50 PM   #29
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I bet the difference on the regen braking might be attributable to the xct having access to the tach sensor, where the dcx did not.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:39 PM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The control flat stops the cart at factory setting. I still need a gentler take off... One thing I noticed was default throttle rate at 80%. I'm going to reduce the ramp rate to see the effect of lowering this and I will soften my curve.

Tags
alltrax;400;500;pds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO