lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2015, 08:09 PM   #11
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 13hp Honda vs 16hp duromax

The 90 kf82 engine is a turd, engine is in good shape.
The 99 has a lot of grunt, smokes from the oil ring but pulls hard.
Maybe beach cruising, lake cruising for the 90.
The 99 has a bed as its more my work horse cart.
But the 99 will run in reverse as its a cw engine
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #12
corkscrew
Gone Wild

Thanks everyone. Does anyone think I should send my spare clutches to be rebuilt and matched. When I get a little more money I want to try the 25 hp Vagas clone. Rebuilt and matched clutches would they work the same for the 13hp as the 16hp and the 25hp. Or do I need them matched for each set-up. Does anyone have a idea of the cost and who does this the best. Thanks again
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:46 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Mine has about the same valve train noise as stock G9 had, little more when the comp release is working. My exhaust coupler makes more noise at times and still not really loud or anything. Sometimes it chirps a little, but my muffler is on the frame so its worth it. Sometimes I think it depends on what clone you buy. The old HF was a lifan, the new one (predator) is not. I bought a lifan from home depot online. I don't know the facts just saying, the lifan are considered to be pretty good they are the largest maker of them, they make cars too. But some gx200 for Karts they swear by other brands like champion. Even the old HF lifan was different than the lifan I have, which has a big lifan sticker on it not a little one.

HF 420 predator is now rated at 13hp last I looked, anyway the 420 is likely even the same cam. They seem to make a little more torque and puke out about 500 rpm less than the 390cc, and that makes sense. With a stock GC clutch the 420 will work slightly better. If you mod the clutch for more rpm it may help the 390 a little, though I would put springs in it anyway. Most GC clutches are 3400-3800 rpm max, when working properly. With a free flow header and car airbox, jetted stock carb, 4 degree timing key, ported/cut .050 head, 1.3 ratio rockers, and HD springs my clone likes to be at 4K rpm to make power, it will rev past 5K someplace my cheap tach does not like to go past 5200. However the stock clone with only the car airbox and exhaust and jetted carb will only hit 4300 and it valve floats. But with the stock clutches it runs like a top in a G9 shifts at 3700 or so. It feels near exactly like it has two stock engines in it. And both those clones would run a little better with a different carb, the stock ones suck and belong on a lawnmower, well barely.

I would be surprised if the 420 has 1hp more than a 390, but it does have more torque enough to notice but not a big difference. Its just in a stock cart you will notice that more, cart is a heavy load for ~15hp the torque will show.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps