lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2015, 09:17 AM   #1
carguybill
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Shift cable interference

I am having an issue with my shift cable interfering with the bed framework on my '97 Club Car Carryall II. Please see the attached photos.

Any suggestions as to the cause and cure will be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shift cable interference (1).jpg (328.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Shift cable interference (2).jpg (296.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Shift cable interference (5).jpg (325.6 KB, 0 views)
carguybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2015, 09:20 AM   #2
carguybill
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Shift cable interference

After thinking further I realize that I can eliminate the interference with the frame by raising the body. Are air shocks available?

But the interference with the muffler baffles me. Is this a known problem with all DS 290 setups?
Old 10-29-2015, 12:49 PM   #3
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguybill View Post
But the interference with the muffler baffles me. Is this a known problem with all DS 290 setups?
Maybe it has something to with your cart being a Carryall vs a regular DS? Maybe it has a different frame or body configuration. I would imagine someone would have chimed in by now. Mine's an '87 and the exhaust doesn't come anywhere near my shift linkage.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:10 AM   #4
carguybill
Getting Wild

Club Car

Good point Springbok, perhaps the Carryall setup is different. Would sure like to see a photo of someone's DS Carryall or I wonder if factory photos or a Carryall brochure is available anywhere. It's not a big deal, everything works OK but I can't imagine that Club Car designed the setup with interference like I have.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:51 PM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I can't tell from the photos, is your cart lifted? When I lifted my cart, I had some interference that I had to deal with.

The interference with my linkage is not on the exhaust, but on the driver's side frame rail and plastic inner fender. I cut a notch out of the frame to give it some slack and put a rubber hose over the area where it rubs.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:58 PM   #6
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

IMG_20151105_162227245.jpg IMG_20151105_162235687_HDR.jpgIMG_20151105_162252172.jpg IMG_20151105_162326578.jpg IMG_20151105_162432803_HDR.jpg

I don't think this will help you much. This is a 2001 Carryall 2 XRT with a factory Z lift on the front and longer shackles on the rear.
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:36 PM   #7
carguybill
Getting Wild

Club Car

Yes Springbok, I needed extra traction so I purchased a Jakes 3" rear lift, kept the front factory stock. I have 10" wheels and installed oversize rear wheels with aggressive tread. Perhaps I should have mentioned this but I assumed that the interference would not be affected by the 3" rear lift.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2527.jpg (469.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-06-2015, 09:06 AM   #8
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Here's a photo of my interference issue on my '87. You can see the notch I cut in the frame and the rubber hose to help protect it.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:54 AM   #9
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

well my 99 match's jimmies photos... but as i recall i have a extension on the bracket. i have the same set up. zbar front, shackles in the rear. i can see the bracket on jimmies bracket... its basically a 2 inch extension on the bracket that's on the trans, it'll keep the cable straighter, and not bind it up, and out of the frame. due to the lift that is associated with the zbars and the rear shackles....
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:03 PM   #10
carguybill
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks ckiguy & Jimmie. I did miss the vertical extension on the bracket in the pictures and I'm quite sure that this will fix my interference issue. I can't find this extension in the parts manual so I will fabricate one and install the 2" extension. Thanks again. Bill
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car