lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2015, 05:41 PM   #1
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Lifting my DS

I'm about to lift my 95 DS. I'm not looking for anything serious so I think I'm just going to go with the jake 3" spindle...should be all I need. I was reading something about when lifting a gas cart and going with bigger tires that you really should consider upgrading your spring for more torque or something like that. What's that all about. I see the spring on Jakes website. Where the heck does it go? This is my first cart and a lot of this is new to me. I assume it's a relatively easy upgrade for a shade tree guy???
ReelTight is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2015, 07:17 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Lifting my DS

lift is 2~3 hour job
NOTE: take off your motor ground strap before you start

i think you are talking about the clutch spring up grade
Old 10-29-2015, 07:13 AM   #3
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
i think you are talking about the clutch spring up grade
Is that a fairly easy task? Is it really needed or is that one of those, you're going to have to try and see type deals?
Old 10-29-2015, 11:08 AM   #4
crash test dummy

i lifted a 2001 DS 6" and it was stock did not need new spring

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...bull-cart.html
Old 10-29-2015, 02:26 PM   #5
compmikey
Getting Wild

Club Car

If upgrading a spring somewhere to achieve more torque, I'm thinking they are referring to a clutch spring of some sort. I can't see that suspension mods would net you more torque...
Re; Lifts, I like the Jakes stuff. Seems like good quality.
compmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:33 PM   #6
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yeah they must be referring to the clutch spring. Lifting the cart and going with bigger tires...I could see how you may need more torque.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:59 AM   #7
Telerooster
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have the 3 inch, just put it on - no spring. DO TAKE YOUR GROUND STRAP OFF FIRST! IT WILL SNAP
Telerooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:08 AM   #8
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telerooster View Post
I have the 3 inch, just put it on - no spring. DO TAKE YOUR GROUND STRAP OFF FIRST! IT WILL SNAP
Are you happy with the 3" lift? Post a pic. I'm not 100% sure that I've seen one with only a 3" lift. Seems most are on 6" lifts.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:21 AM   #9
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelTight View Post
I'm about to lift my 95 DS. I'm not looking for anything serious so I think I'm just going to go with the jake 3" spindle...should be all I need. I was reading something about when lifting a gas cart and going with bigger tires that you really should consider upgrading your spring for more torque or something like that. What's that all about. I see the spring on Jakes website. Where the heck does it go? This is my first cart and a lot of this is new to me. I assume it's a relatively easy upgrade for a shade tree guy???
Unless you drive on moderate to steep hilly terrain, you might not need the spring. I lifted my cart 6", put 22.5" tires on it, and drove it for about 3 months with no spring upgrade. The only reason I did the upgrade was because there were a few really steep hills that I just couldn't make it up. Once the spring was in, the only time I noticed the difference was on those really steep hills. It didn't affect driveability at all for 95% of my driving (shallow hills, flat ground).
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:22 PM   #10
summerplace
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Go with 6", I have put on 20 lifts for people this yeAr and most who chose 3" are redoing them in order to wear the 23" tired. Only put one spring mod in, in south fla. Not many hills and the stock with 23" tires does well in the sand.
summerplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car