lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2016, 02:20 PM   #1
bowtieracin
Gone Wild

Default 91 with no spark

I just bought a 91 with no spark is there any go to park to check first? Thanks in advance I'm going to pick it up tonight
bowtieracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2016, 06:44 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 91 with no spark

I don't know if you've looked at history on this site, but there was a running thread on this very subject.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...clubcar-2.html

Follow the spark plug wire to the ignition coil mounted on the rear facing drivers side of the engine. You will find a 3 wire plug (there is a separate ground wire that is not included in the plug. The following test procedure will help determine if the exciter coil and pulser coil are working to fire the ignition coil. (Note: this is not my write up, I copied this from the above mentioned previous thread.)
The ignition coil is expensive, but still available. The exciter / pulser set are no longer made. I'm trying to come up with a functional replacement for one I'm working on right now. Good luck.

"THEIR IS A PLUG ON THE EXCITER COIL (BEHIND fLYWHEEL) THAT HAS 3 WIRES IN IT. TEST # 1 TAKE AN ohm READING BETWEEN THE RED AND BROWN WIRES. SHOULD BE AROUND 390 AND 400 OHMS. WITH THE ENGINE SPINNING OVER, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO READ ABOUT 80-90 VOLTS AC.

TEST # 2 THE WHITE WIRE OR THE PULSER WIRE, SHOULD READ ABOUT 60-70 OHMS TO GROUND."

Last edited by meimk; 05-04-2016 at 06:46 PM.. Reason: spelling
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:55 AM   #3
bowtieracin
Gone Wild

Meimk thanks so much I will look at that post and try the test! Thanks again!!
Old 05-05-2016, 09:05 PM   #4
bowtieracin
Gone Wild

Got it fixed there were 2 broke wires at the plug coil.2 butt connectors and it fired rite up and runs great! I was worried buying it not running but very happy now even for a cc. I'm more of a txt. Guy.thanks for any and all input!!
Old 05-06-2016, 06:54 AM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Congrats on your find! Glad it worked out so well. I'll admit I was a bit worried for you, since some of the parts for that really aren't available. One of the big pluses for the CC is that the aluminum frame will never rust. Around our campground there are quite a few TXT's with rusted out frames.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:57 AM   #6
bowtieracin
Gone Wild

Well I spoke too soon come out this morning it fired right up back it out to take it for a ride dead no spark again LOL I've never seen any frame issues around here with the TXt are they gas or electric? I've heard of electric ones resting bad
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car