lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2016, 07:40 PM   #1
shootrig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default adjust carb

I need to adjust the crab on my 96 DS gasser. I think the adjustment screws are under this thing, whatever it is. Can you tell me how to get this thing off so I can make some adjustments to it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Club Car Carb.jpg (160.0 KB, 0 views)
shootrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2016, 07:50 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: adjust carb

The only real adjustment there is the mix screw. It can usually be accessed with that cover still in place. Might be easier to see it with the cover out of the way though. The nut is a 10mm, those two screws are t15 torx. Remove those and the black plastic cover can pivot toward the front till it can be pulled out from around the vent hose. The metal part under that plastic cover is part of a plate mounted on the carb studs, between the carb itself and the engine. It stays in place unless you remove the carb from the engine first. The mix screw will be near where the carb meets the engine on the forward facing side. Other than that you might actually be wanting to pull the carb off and clean it.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:04 PM   #3
shootrig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well, I read where the throttle should kick the engine in within 3/4 - 1 inch peddle travel. I adjusted that linkage from the peddle to the electrical box so that those parameters were met. Now it wants to run on after I come to a stop and does a little popping some and smells rich. I think the carb may be out of whack. It is much more responsive now.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:07 PM   #4
shootrig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

This is where I am in the instructions

.Push pedal and start cart, Now adjust idle speed screw until engine idles slowly. This is the screw on top of carburetor. You may need to adjust idle mixture screw (comes out of carburetor on front side on a angle at about 10 o clock) to get cart to idle smoothly at the slow rpm.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:34 PM   #5
RED 92CC GAS
Getting Wild
Club Car

You adjusted linkage too far,turn it back some. Best way to get more throttle is with zip tie loose on throttle cable spring.

Sent from my LGL51AL using Tapatalk
RED 92CC GAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:56 PM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED 92CC GAS View Post
You adjusted linkage too far,turn it back some. Best way to get more throttle is with zip tie loose on throttle cable spring.

Sent from my LGL51AL using Tapatalk
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:07 PM   #7
shootrig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok - I am not looking for speed, its a shoot'n rig not a racing rig. But I do like stuff set correctly. Is there any guidance on the peddle adjustment or just when it runs good? I read 3/4 - 1 inch is where the engine should kick in. Yes/no?
Old 05-26-2016, 10:42 PM   #8
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

All the adjustment screws that need to be adjusted can be done without removing the throttle guard.

3/4's to 1" pedal travel is about right!
I originally had about 1 to 2" of pedal travel (stock) before my s/g kicked in,
I readjusted my accelerator rod so it kicks in about 1/2" travel,
(just enough for the micro's in the ECB to do they're job correctly)
Mine is a bit touchy at start up, but I'm used to it!

As for any adjustments on the carb... there are really only 2!
Idle, and mixture...

~The idle screw (#9) that you've read about, and set... is about right,
BUT... turn it back out (counterclockwise) about a half turn so it won't backfire.

~The mixture screw (#15) is only adjustable about 2:00 o'clock, to 8:00...
IF... you want your cart to idle, THEN you need to set it accordingly, otherwise, set it halfway.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FE290carb1.jpg (197.0 KB, 0 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:03 AM   #9
shootrig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have not adjusted any screws yet, this picture helps a lot, thanks. I will take a swing at it
Old 05-27-2016, 04:51 PM   #10
shootrig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
All the adjustment screws that need to be adjusted can be done without removing the throttle guard.

3/4's to 1" pedal travel is about right!
I originally had about 1 to 2" of pedal travel (stock) before my s/g kicked in,
I readjusted my accelerator rod so it kicks in about 1/2" travel,
(just enough for the micro's in the ECB to do they're job correctly)
Mine is a bit touchy at start up, but I'm used to it!

As for any adjustments on the carb... there are really only 2!
Idle, and mixture...

~The idle screw (#9) that you've read about, and set... is about right,
BUT... turn it back out (counterclockwise) about a half turn so it won't backfire.

~The mixture screw (#15) is only adjustable about 2:00 o'clock, to 8:00...
IF... you want your cart to idle, THEN you need to set it accordingly, otherwise, set it halfway.

Ok, before I do this, like I said, I am not after speed, I am just running around the shooting clubs. What will readjusting it from stock gain me? One thing I'd find helpful is being able to haul 4 men and ammo around good, but this is not for hot-rodding. But hey - I like speed too, I just don't "need" it for this one.

Also - while looking things over, the hose between 13 & 15 was not connected, I will hook it up when done, but was that a big deal? Is it an inlet or outlet vent or something else? And now when I put the rig in maintenance mode (remember I adjusted the rod to kick in at 3/4 - 1 inch but have not adjusted and carb screws) it seems to want to cut out at full throttle.

Just what do I really need to do here?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car