lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2016, 06:08 PM   #1
mopdog
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 drive needs hill help.

My drive g29 is having a hard time with hills in my campground when it is loaded down. I don't want to drop the $450 on the entire plowman's clutch set up so what can I do to make it climb the hills better? Everything is stock with 6" lift kit and tires. Thanks.
mopdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2016, 07:10 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: 2008 drive needs hill help.

not a site sponsor, but Glen at http://www.gboosttechnology.com can sell you the correct spring and drive belt you need He is a clutch guru!
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:30 PM   #3
jstanfi1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Honestly, if the cart has been used at all odds are good that the primary clutch is in sad shape and needs a rebuild, and that's why Plowman's kit for the earlier Drive models like yours is so pricey; it includes that service, I think. I'd be worried that if you drop $100-$200 on a secondary clutch spring and a tighter belt it wouldn't do any good or worse yet will trash your primary clutch for good.

If you absolutely can't swing the money for a clutch kit and primary rebuild then I'd make sure I'd done all I could of the free work to get everything out of the engine you can (new air filter, drill out the governor spring, get any slack out of the throttle cable, adjust the valves to .008 hot) and maybe install a new drive belt in case yours is warm and make the best of it as otherwise is.
jstanfi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:17 PM   #4
mopdog
Not Yet Wild

I want to update this thread. I finally got around to buying the Plowmans complete kid and I couldnt be happier. I guess I really didnt know it would make that big of a change or I wouldnt have waited. Its a completely new cart.
mopdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha