lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2016, 09:18 AM   #1
mineral99
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Plowman's Drive Belt Installation Problem

New to the group. This is my first post.

I have a Yamaha 2009 G29. I wanted to replace the Yamaha standard drive belt as a preventative measure. I ordered Plowman's Drive belt for the G29 DRIVE and I'm have a heck of time rolling the new belt onto the secondary. The belt is shorter and thicker than the standard belt. With very tight clearance between the secondary and the frame I can't seem to find a way to get the belt to drop in place.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to remove the secondary in order to get the belt installed?

Last question- assuming that I get the belt installed will i lose top end speed (after break-in period) due to the shorter belt?
mineral99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2016, 02:49 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Plowman's Drive Belt Installation Problem

There were 2 belts used on YDRA, you could possibly have the wrong one. The all-aluminum "team" axle (like yours should be) takes the "jw1" belt, newer models use the "j55" belt
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 05:05 PM   #3
carman603
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

You most likely need the '1205' belt for the team clutch. I had the same problem. Call Don.
carman603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 09:16 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
There were 2 belts used on YDRA, you could possibly have the wrong one. The all-aluminum "team" axle (like yours should be) takes the "jw1" belt, newer models use the "j55" belt
Yes, cgtech, but you have to admit, the Team transaxle housing make any belt/clutch set up hard to get the belt on! Original poster, try rotating the primary clutch and belt over the secondary clutch at the same time.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:23 PM   #5
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Yes, cgtech, but you have to admit, the Team transaxle housing make any belt/clutch set up hard to get the belt on! Original poster, try rotating the primary clutch and belt over the secondary clutch at the same time.
Don't know if this will help,or make a difference, but if the belt is tight I have had success putting the cart in gear and rocking it forward or backward to roll the belt on I have no experience with the g29 or team transaxles. Just recommending what has helped me with tight belts
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:40 AM   #6
mineral99
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Turns out I had the wrong belt from Plowman. Need the 1205 belt and was shipped the 1200 belt in error. The 1205 belt is only for Don's complete performance kit which includes a new clutch. The 1200 is a replacement for the standard Yamaha belt without Don's performance kit for the YDRA

Should receive the new belt soon. Thanks for the tips on installation.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:30 PM   #7
mineral99
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Received the correct belt (1205) and no problem getting it installed. Evidently I'm not the only one that received the incorrect belt.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:19 PM   #8
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If you want to get rid of the 1200 I can send you my address glad you got it figured out have fun.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:12 PM   #9
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineral99 View Post
Turns out I had the wrong belt from Plowman. Need the 1205 belt and was shipped the 1200 belt in error. The 1205 belt is only for Don's complete performance kit which includes a new clutch. The 1200 is a replacement for the standard Yamaha belt without Don's performance kit for the YDRA

Should receive the new belt soon. Thanks for the tips on installation.
Just curious but what is the difference between the ydra and the drive? Is it the team axle ? Or different cart all together? Because you said the 1200 is the replacement belt for your cart, Right? First you said drive then ydra I obviously don't know what the difference is, just trying to learn more about the Carts
For the record I have bought a "couple" parts from Plowmans and have yet to receive anything incorrect
Old 12-21-2016, 12:46 PM   #10
mineral99
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Belt was returned to Plowman's for exchange.

Tags
drive belt, plowman's
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha