lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2022, 09:41 AM   #2011
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

Busy week. Oil changes in both the Cub Cadet and my Subaru. Also got it inspected and my Kidney doctors is now seeing me every 6 months instead of every 3. Hopefully next week it will be back working on Suzi.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2022, 01:15 PM   #2012
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The Green Heads are here. For Izzy walks I got a BRIGHT white NASA windbreaker along with Bug Bucket mesh hat and mechanics gloves. The Green Heads really buzzed me BUT I did not get bit. I might look a bit odd BUT function over fashion in this case rules the day. The Bravecto seems to make Izzy undesirable to the bugs. So as long as both things work out Izzy will get her walks thru the terrible Green Head season. P.S. This is an early start for them. I think it is going to be one of those really BAD Green Head years.
Old 06-19-2022, 11:15 AM   #2013
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Cardiologist tomorrow, hopefully I can get back to getting Vicki's engine swapped to the Omega unit this coming week
Old 06-20-2022, 07:42 PM   #2014
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Cardio is good. MAYBE tomorrow start back on pulling the long rod out of Vicki ?
Old 06-22-2022, 08:46 AM   #2015
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Really tested the cardio today. My heart rate zoomed to over 120 and I felt dizzy. Tons of work resulted in I could only get the bolts out from the yamaha engine mounts to the frame. Still can't get the rear bolts to the Vegas plate to the engine nor the Vegas plate bolts to the yamaha mount. I don't think I can pull that whole unit out of the cart. Really frustrated with my lack of progress. OLD body,6 years of salt water on everything and REALLY limited space for tools.
Old 06-22-2022, 08:58 AM   #2016
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Take it easy sir. Cart isn’t worth hurting yourself.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 09:56 AM   #2017
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Yeah I understand that. SO to accomplish something I installed the ARP head studs into the Omega block. The Loctite Red will have plenty of time to set. I have to think about how to get that engine out of there. Maybe pulling the cooling tin and the comet 780 off OR maybe pull the head so I can turn the engine to get at the bolts where I can get them out. BUT NOT today. P.S. The vibration I felt shutting the long rod down IS definitely NOT a loose engine mounting bolt or engine mount. It has got to be something in the crankcase. Again anxious to get the engine out to see what is wrong. No smoke,no real banging and the valve train looks good. Just some very noticeable vibration.
Old 06-22-2022, 03:26 PM   #2018
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Pulled the comet 780R off the engine. Nothing really broken or worn BUT it was filthy inside. Really cleaned it out and then dry lubed as I did way back. I had a brand new spider so I installed it while everything was apart.
Old 06-23-2022, 10:16 AM   #2019
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Ordered the stepped key for the crank to 780/billet pulley combo. I emailed VC if this part was available Ivan got right back to me with the link to buy it. Not that cheap BUT another while this thing is apart I am doing improvements that might not have existed in 2014.
Old 06-28-2022, 01:33 PM   #2020
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The stepped key from Vegascarts arrived today. Really nice. So I assembled the primary and SG pulley and torqued to the recommended 40 ft/lbs.Still not feeling well so I have a full blown stress test tomorrow a.m. Stay tuned.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps