lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2017, 04:34 AM   #1
hollyfaucheux
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Very New! Was just given a Yamaha G21 gas cart, now it's making rear passenger tire n

Hi Guys,

Please bare with me! I was just given a lifted Yahama G21 cart. When we first got it we had to change the carb first, after that it worked like a champ! After the only 4th day of riding (I live in the country, so it's on and behind levees, sugar cane fields, etc..) Well me and my finance are not the smallest people in the world, let me just put that out there.. together we weight right under 500lbs.. not sure if that has to do with anything or not.. BUT.. 2 days ago we started noticing the passenger tire rubbing on the mud flap, but only the passenger side... now today, he got a wild hair up his butt to just go straight down the levee, and not take the down ramp like a normal person... Well when he did that we hit a good size bump on the bottom of the levee... from that moment on the sound got A LOT worse! We got off of it and look for any obvious signs of something wrong and could not see anything. By the time we got home it was dark so we really can't see a whole lot until morning! Thought maybe I could get some kind of insight for you guys on what we should be looking for, or what it could or could not be?? Anything?? Any help is appreciated! I do not know much at the moment about what lift is on it or anything to that nature. I am sure I could find out from the previous owner it would just take a few days.. Thanks in advance for ANY help!!
hollyfaucheux is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2017, 06:33 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Very New! Was just given a Yamaha G21 gas cart, now it's making rear passenger ti

There is a panhard rod, it mounts to the frame on the drivers side and goes across the rear end to mount to the passenger side of the engine cradle. It's entire purpose is to keep the engine cradle / axle / rear suspension centered up in the chassis. That bar is supposed to be straight, but if it gets bent the axle will get located further toward the drivers side - causing the passenger side tire to rub on the inner liner if it goes far enough. How far it moves things over depends on how far from straight the bar got bent. In rare instances I've see the frame mounting flange break away from the frame (welded) and cause the axle to move over instead of the rod being bent. Just check out that long rod that goes across at the rear of the cart.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g21, lifted club car gas, passenger side rubbing, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha