lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2018, 12:30 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Opinion : how to sell basic cart

I have an 01 ds gas right now in good shape with the factory rear seat I have been trying to sell for a few months now and the market here is slow. That being said I tried a few years ago to sell one like yours with no rear seat, sat on it for 6 months, put a rear seat on and sold it within the week. I wouldn’t buy a bunch of accessories but most everyone wants the seat.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2018, 02:12 PM   #12
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

around here carts are dime a dozen.

so many golf courses and such there are two in good condition on Craigslist, Letgo, and another site they are asking $2000 and still have not moved. location has a lot to do with it. as well as demand, unless you live on a course, or have a use for one no need to own one. another one locally has a lift, tires, rear seat, gas, asking 1500 and can not move it.

strange but has to be a buyer out there. . .
BearsFan315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:53 PM   #13
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

From what I can tell in the photo, that is a fair price.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:56 PM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsFan315 View Post
around here carts are dime a dozen.

so many golf courses and such there are two in good condition on Craigslist, Letgo, and another site they are asking $2000 and still have not moved. location has a lot to do with it. as well as demand, unless you live on a course, or have a use for one no need to own one. another one locally has a lift, tires, rear seat, gas, asking 1500 and can not move it.

strange but has to be a buyer out there. . .
That $1500 cart you are looking at is a scam that is on Craigslist every day. Cart photo changes all the time. Too good to be true and it is. Nothing but a scam and a new one pops up almost every day.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:21 PM   #15
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

yeah i know the ones you speak of... they never replay, then send you an email saying they are selling for a friend, relative, please call this number, blah

the one above was a legit one guy in Va Beach was trying to sell. he had rebuilt the top half of the engine. was a nice camo cart. he actually just sold it :) i looked at this one before i got the one i did.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:10 PM   #16
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I look at Norfolk CL almost every day. Did not see that one.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:00 PM   #17
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

yeah think it was a 91 EZGO if i remember correctly Gas
Old 01-07-2018, 06:27 PM   #18
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

91 gas EZ-GO is not in the same league as an 01 gas DS. JMHO.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:07 PM   #19
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Lol 91 for 1500 is a premium regardless of upgrades
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:07 PM   #20
1946J3Cub
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Concerning that scam you fellows mentioned above: I began my quest for a golf cart a month or two ago. As with other things I've bought the search is almost as much fun as the acquisition; learning, researching, joining web groups, meeting new people etc. It didn't take long to get a general feel for how much certain carts, of a certain vintage, in a certain condition should be worth...a ball park figure. Carts that are way overpriced probably won't sell. Carts that are ridiculously under-priced are probably a scam.

Early in my research I saw on craigslist a cart out in Pittsburgh. It was one-year old, loaded and asking price $1500. Something wasn't right. It shouted scam but I was curious about how those things go so I texted the individual for more info. Got a text back from him that he was selling it for his (aunt, sister-in-law, cousin, I forget which) and "she" would send me the details. "She" sent an email with a sob story about being recently widowed, in the military, about to be deployed overseas, couldn't affford to keep and store it so hence the giveaway price. And "she" needed to close the deal before end of month.

I googled "her" name and a host of information about "her" scam was available; golf carts, boats, lawn tractors, power equipment, all with slick photos and exactly, word-for-word the same sob story "she" wrote me. To be sure I saw it as a scam when first I saw the ad and my curiosity was confirmed. That same exact golf cart has turned up in ads on craigslist from literally all over the country.

Best Regards,

Tom
1946J3Cub is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car