lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2018, 03:25 PM   #1
Macdoctor56
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1995 Club Car DS

My friends wife was flying across a field headed to her camper drunk and at night and blasted a fire ring. It bust the throttle rod and the motor mount. They've been working on it for 2 weeks and still dont have it running so I said I'd take a shot at it. 1st thing I noticed is they had a starter switch on it that kept the motor always running, why I have no idea. So I'm going to test the microswitch and see if that's bad. It cranks when i jump the solenoid but doesnt start so I'm changing that. What could they hit underneath that could take the motor out of commission. Any advice anyone gives me I'll check, i won't leave a rock unturned.
Macdoctor56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2018, 03:26 PM   #2
Macdoctor56
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1995 Club Car DS

Oh yeah Kawasaki engine.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:08 PM   #3
Macdoctor56
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Everyone must be busy.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:40 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

You say it does crank, but only when you jump the solenoid? Take a good close look at the plastic bell crank in the black control box, the two micro switches in there and the wiring in & out of them. If it damaged the throttle rod it had to give quite a jolt to that bell crank.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-diagrams.html
should be your wiring. Top microswitch provides ground to complete the control circuit of the solenoid - sending power to the starter. Bottom switch grounds the ignition when you release the pedal - kills the spark to shut the engine down.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:00 PM   #5
Macdoctor56
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. For some reason the previous owner had a starter switch instead of the key start. I looked at the ignition and it's a rusted corroded mess. I replaced the micro switch under the black box where the solenoid is at but they had the wires unplugged so I'm not sure which wires go where. I also changed the solenoid and I'm not even sure if the wiring on that is right, 3 people's hands been in it before mine.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:17 AM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Follow the throttle linkage closely. All the way to the carb. Make sure it is linked all the way and doing what it is supposed to do.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:32 AM   #7
Macdoctor56
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I followed the wire guide to the letter and everything is going where it should be going but I push the pedal I have nothing. I jump the solenoid and it starts and idols. I know all I have to do is adjust the throttle down and it will run like normal but I'm still baffled why the pedal won't start it.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:18 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

When it starts, and you press the pedal further down you are saying it does not rev up?
Old 08-30-2018, 11:31 PM   #9
Macdoctor56
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

No, pushing the pedal down does nothing at all. Now If I start it by jumping the solenoid it runs and I push the gas and it revs up. I'm just talking about pushing the pedal and have the cart start normal, that's not happening.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:19 AM   #10
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

You have something wired wrong and/or a faulty switch. You said it was a rusted mess right?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car