lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2018, 08:15 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2002 Club Car DS No Torque in Reverse

That is not the correct diagram for the controller you posted.

Please verify the Serial Number on your cart.

This is the correct diagram for your IQ cart (serial number starts with AQ):

The cables do not have to be the same length, as long as the difference is not in "feet".
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2018, 08:39 AM   #12
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

No mention about A1 & A2. You need to replace them also. Save the old A1 & A2 cable for when you get your Alltrax Controller. You can use them for the F1 & F2 cables. Field amps can go as high as 50A with it.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:22 AM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Star View Post
I am ordering 2ga welding cable and terminals and heat shrink to build them myself. Also ordering the 400 amp solenoid. Will have to wait on the controller. Is there a problem putting the 2 ga cables and the solenoid on before I get the upgraded controller? No problem at all.... Also, do I need the 2 ga for the green or white wire? Yes And my tires are 205/65-10. 20.5 x 8.0 - 10. That is 2" taller than stock which affects your torque with the stock controller
Mine are above. Walt/Sergio answered the other questions...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:57 AM   #14
5Star
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That is not the correct diagram for the controller you posted.

Please verify the Serial Number on your cart.

This is the correct diagram for your IQ cart (serial number starts with AQ):

The cables do not have to be the same length, as long as the difference is not in "feet".
Thank you for the correct wiring diagram. I Thought something looked wrong with the one I posted.
5Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:02 AM   #15
5Star
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for all the good advice and input. This is why I like forums.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:07 AM   #16
5Star
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Okay. Looks like I am going to purchase the XCT500IQ+400 super solenoid from golf carts unlimited. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html Both for 569.00 + 18 for shipping. Also purchasing a full set of 2awg cables from Caddyshack Golf Carts of Georgia. Should I be concerned about my FNR rocker. Will it handle the new power? Anything else I should be looking at?
Old 10-23-2018, 07:29 AM   #17
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

From my understanding IQ carts do not require a heavy duty FnR switch for your upgrade. Others might.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:37 AM   #18
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

You'll really wake that motor up with the new controller and you'll get the best customer service from Scotty at Cartsunlimited.net.

Like BBBHC said; there's no need to upgrade your rocker switch since there isn't any high current running through it. Hope you enjoy your upgrade!
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:33 AM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since You have an OBC, You need to be mindful of the pack negative cable since it has to go through the OBC.

The Options for pre-made cables are:
  1. Use two separate cables and a 5/16" brass stud to go through the OBC.
  2. Use a single cable with a compression lug to be attached after You pass the cable trough the OBC (this is cable dependent as the OD is not the same on all 2 gauge cables).

Also, the 400 amps Solenoid uses 3/8" studs instead of 5/16" so make sure you order the ends that connect to the Solenoid (pack positive and Solenoid to Controller B+ cable) with 3/8" lugs in one end and 5/16" lugs on the other.

All other cables should be 5/16" lugs, be aware there are some sellers out there that have no clue of the implications of oversized lugs and will sell you the wrong ends with the technical reason of "never had a problem with them before" .
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:51 AM   #20
5Star
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Since You have an OBC, You need to be mindful of the pack negative cable since it has to go through the OBC.

The Options for pre-made cables are:
  1. Use two separate cables and a 5/16" brass stud to go through the OBC.
  2. Use a single cable with a compression lug to be attached after You pass the cable trough the OBC (this is cable dependent as the OD is not the same on all 2 gauge cables).

Also, the 400 amps Solenoid uses 3/8" studs instead of 5/16" so make sure you order the ends that connect to the Solenoid (pack positive and Solenoid to Controller B+ cable) with 3/8" lugs in one end and 5/16" lugs on the other.

All other cables should be 5/16" lugs, be aware there are some sellers out there that have no clue of the implications of oversized lugs and will sell you the wrong ends with the technical reason of "never had a problem with them before" .
Thank you!!! I was wondering about that.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car