lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2018, 08:51 AM   #11
Greg001
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Exploded connecting rod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I don't even know where the governor is on this thing, it's on a Gator not a club car. Nothing I can see looks like it was tampered with at all. Doesn't look like it was ever touched after it exploded either. I just put this in the CC forum because it's the same motor, just rotates the opposite direction.

Funny thing is my Carryall has the FE350. Surprised the gator, which is twice the size and weight has a smaller engine. Although, the transmission, clutches, and etc are WAY WAY beefier in the gator. Must make up for the smaller motor with gearing and clutching.
Are you sure it is not a FE400? I also own a Gator and a friend with a construction company has 4 they use on jobs, all have the FE400.

Seeing has how rest of internals are fine I would assume a faulty connecting rod. Maybe a air pocket in the casting.
Greg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2018, 08:53 AM   #12
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg001 View Post
Are you sure it is not a FE400? I also own a Gator and a friend with a construction company has 4 they use on jobs, all have the FE400.

I saw CP241’s gator in person. The engine tag says FE290.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:58 AM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

It is a FE290 for sure. But thats about all I know about this thing. The label with the serial number and model is on the rear bumper and mostly gone unfortunately. Dont knw why they wouldnt stamp that information into the frame or at least put the label somewhere protected like under a seat, in the engine bay, or something. Instead they put it on the outside of the rear bumper where its certain to get bumped, scraped, backed into stuff, and weathered by the elements. Silly
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 02:34 PM   #14
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Bolt on the bearing cap backed out. Wouldn’t have made much noise before it happened either. Surprised it didn’t score the crankshaft or crack the case somewhere.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 02:41 PM   #15
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Bolt on the bearing cap backed out. Wouldn’t have made much noise before it happened either. Surprised it didn’t score the crankshaft or crack the case somewhere.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 08:43 PM   #16
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

That makes total sense. There is a mark in the top of the case where I can see it hit, but didnt punch a hole.or crack it. The crank itself is perfect with no variance in run out and no scoring or.damage. new rod and stuff ships on Monday so should see it tuesday.

I accidentally broke the rear sheave on the clutch when I pulled it off. So gotta shop for a clutch now. Anyone know if any other clutch will work on this thing? Or do I have to spring 500 bones for a deere clutch
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car