lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2019, 04:27 AM   #1
ManxKopite
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 gas club car ds, 12v stopped working

I have a 2000 club car ds 12v was working fine, stopped and wouldn't go again!
When I press the gas pedal the solenoid clicks but motor won't fire. Same in both forward & reverse.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Eric
ManxKopite is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2019, 11:20 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 gas club car ds, 12v stopped working

Make sure you battery terminal connections are clean and you have a clean connection where the ground cable attaches to the frame.

Check the battery voltage at rest, and after the solenoid clicks. Check voltage at the solenoid on the large post with the red cable (comes from the battery). Then press the pedal and after the solenoid clicks check voltage on the large white cable at the solenoid and at the post on the starter generator.
If the battery is dead (less than 10v) the starter generator may not turn.
If that’s the case, charge the battery, and re-check voltages afterwards. You’ll then need to check the voltage output of the starter generator and test the voltage regulator.

If voltage checks are good and all connections are clean, you have 12v reaching the starter generator, the brushes in the SG could be worn out. Sometimes tapping the SG with a large screwdriver handle, or turning the motor by hand slightly will get the brushes to make contact temporarily. If the SG now works this is a sure sign the brushes need to be replaced. This is a relatively simple fix and new brushes are only about $40.

Simpler problem would be a loose belt, but that will usually make a little noise for a few seconds and then it will crank over normally.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:29 AM   #3
ManxKopite
Not Yet Wild

Yes turned out to be the starter generator, moved the belt and slight tap with hammer and up it fired [emoji1303], brushes slightly worn so new ones on order, needed a good clean as was caked in dust inside. Many thanks for the reply and suggestions much appreciated

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2019, 03:09 AM   #4
ManxKopite
Not Yet Wild

Mines seems to of slowed down going up hill since fitting brand new exhaust! Also still having issues with pressing the throttle and not firing up sometimes, replaced brushes and cleaned dynastart, also new spark plug. Solenoid is clicking as it should.

So could the dynastart be dodgy and or the solenoid? Or something else?

Old 08-24-2019, 07:54 AM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

With a hole like that in the original muffler, I'd not be surprised if it acted like a "performance muffler" with higher flow lol. And now it's running like it should, with the new muffler a lot more restrictive (and quiet). That's my best guess on the hill thing...

As for the starter/generator is it OEM and you just replaced the brushes? You said they were slightly worn, and if it was not working with only "slightly worn" brushes I'd be more inclined to believe theres something going wrong with the unit itself. Theyll usually work fine until the brushes are quite recessed into their holders...
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:35 AM   #6
ManxKopite
Not Yet Wild

Replaced the brushes few months ago but started playing up again, ie no response putting foot on throttle, 2 or 3 taps until it fires

Old 08-25-2019, 05:36 AM   #7
ManxKopite
Not Yet Wild

Yes original starter

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car