lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2019, 07:36 PM   #1
Tonycn803
Not Yet Wild

Default Motor and controller compatibility

I have a 96 Club Car DS. I bought it in pieces with new Curtis iq 300 amp controller, new motor (plum quick), new MCOR 4 ,new iq conversion harness. Installed everything and purchased new Trojan t875 batteries. The cart runs and takes off quick but then dies to a slow speed. I want to make sure all my parts are compatible because I called plum quick and emailed pics of motor , tech said it’s a Regen 1 motor. Are Regen motors ok to run on the IQ controller? The motor has a 3 wire speed sensor on it but plug doesn’t look like any I’ve seen.
Tonycn803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2019, 08:21 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Motor and controller compatibility

IQ/Regen are synonymous for your purpose. The speed sensor MUST be connected and working correctly or the Curtis controller will have you in limp mode (1/2 speed)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car