lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2019, 09:29 AM   #1
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default aftermarket driving/head light

Still plodding along on my DS total project. Got a little sidetracked because I ended up buying 3 more carts in a bundle. 2 Yamaha's and an EZ. Working on one Yamaha now. Mostly painting and new seats etc. Almost ready to start putting parts back on it.

With my DS 98' 48v. It currently has no lights. I was thinking about one of those 12" led light bars you see for sale all over for of road vehicles. I would mount it above the front bumper. My concern is it may be too bright for road use which is where my cart will spend 95% of its time. They seem to have combo spot/flood but all are lit at once. I do not want to blind oncoming traffic. Curious what others have done or if there is a light out there with hi/low function. I never owned a cart before I drug home the project DS, now my backyard/garage look like a golf cart graveyard. I think I may have a problem.
jamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2019, 09:40 AM   #2
Johnny (THE HOOF) V
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: aftermarket driving/head light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamoore View Post
Still plodding along on my DS total project. Got a little sidetracked because I ended up buying 3 more carts in a bundle. 2 Yamaha's and an EZ. Working on one Yamaha now. Mostly painting and new seats etc. Almost ready to start putting parts back on it.

With my DS 98' 48v. It currently has no lights. I was thinking about one of those 12" led light bars you see for sale all over for of road vehicles. I would mount it above the front bumper. My concern is it may be too bright for road use which is where my cart will spend 95% of its time. They seem to have combo spot/flood but all are lit at once. I do not want to blind oncoming traffic. Curious what others have done or if there is a light out there with hi/low function. I never owned a cart before I drug home the project DS, now my backyard/garage look like a golf cart graveyard. I think I may have a problem.
I have the regular light package all around but also have a 24" light bar attatched under the clay basket. What I did to solve brightness was to aim the bar down towards road more. Have someone sit in a car in front and give a thumbs up when good. I move it up and down depending what I'm doing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Johnny (THE HOOF) V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:40 AM   #3
ClubCar86
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would think as long as you have the ability to point it down, you'll be ok. But I agree, those LED bar lights are obnoxiously bright. Even the LED RHOX kit I had seemed too bright.
ClubCar86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:46 AM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamoore View Post
... I never owned a cart before I drug home the project DS, now my backyard/garage look like a golf cart graveyard. I think I may have a problem.
As we tend to say around here: "Welcome to the addiction."
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:47 PM   #5
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

that 12" light bar will be very bright. most are flood/spot combo lights and not suited to aim them
i have 2 six led flood lights, mounted a little down, that light as well at 10 ft as they do on the ground
when cars approach i pull over and aim my lights off road, luckily i live on a sparse traveled road

small L brackets on the bumper bolt locations worked fine for attaching the lights
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cc lights (2).JPG (50.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cc lights (9).JPG (35.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cc lights (10).JPG (39.6 KB, 0 views)
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:08 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I would get a smaller one, perhaps 6". And as CC86 pointed out, you can easily aim it down. I have done this with DS models several times with good results. Make sure you test fit before drilling the hole. If you are not using a windshield, make sure it will not interfere if one is added in the future.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:08 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Has anyone tried one of the LED bars with High/Low beam?
https://www.amazon.com/FSYF-Light-Fl...073WQTZZM?th=1
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:28 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Has anyone tried one of the LED bars with High/Low beam?
https://www.amazon.com/FSYF-Light-Fl...073WQTZZM?th=1
I have never seen/used those Sergio, but I like the idea.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:29 PM   #9
Johnny (THE HOOF) V
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny (THE HOOF) V View Post
I have the regular light package all around but also have a 24" light bar attatched under the clay basket. What I did to solve brightness was to aim the bar down towards road more. Have someone sit in a car in front and give a thumbs up when good. I move it up and down depending what I'm doing.

I forgot to attatch pic of my setup. My neighbor has a set of 4 of the small ones.
He has them attatched to the brush guard. Plenty of maneuvering available to point down more.

Johnny (THE HOOF) V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:26 PM   #10
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had the same problem with just a little cube [the way my cart came] with oncoming traffic flashing their brights at me. So when I rebuilt it, I put in the stock filament ds lights and use them as low beams and together with a Auxbeam 120 watt lightbar on the roof for highs. Works awesome. On the road nobody questions whether I have my buggy on lows or highs. I use it a lot for nighttime work lighting too. Note, as with any lighting, the higher you mount it the better. Less shadows from hills and bumps and a better angle to the ground. Think of a yard light or streetlight and how much it lights up considering it's size and wattage.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car