lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2020, 09:27 AM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 1990 ds will not start after top end rebuild

Maybe a silly question, but when you removed the starter/generator to pull the shroud off the motor, did you completely remove it and disconnect the wires? Maybe it's wired backwards? What direction is the clutch spinning when you try and start it?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2020, 09:43 AM   #12
Crack
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Maybe a silly question, but when you removed the starter/generator to pull the shroud off the motor, did you completely remove it and disconnect the wires? Maybe it's wired backwards? What direction is the clutch spinning when you try and start it?
It’s spinning in reverse, counter clockwise
Crack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:02 AM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

It was worth asking to make sure, weve all done silly things like that at one point or another

I'd double check the valves and make sure they're sealing correctly and opening all the way like they should. You should be able to set the motor at TDC and pull the inspection cover to make sure the lash is correct. And turn the motor over by hand and watch them to make sure they're opening and closing all the way. If you had a metal thing fall out, I can only guess that's a shim? If not seated right or if they were mixed up it could cause your valve lash to be incorrect
Old 01-07-2020, 10:06 AM   #14
Crack
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
It was worth asking to make sure, weve all done silly things like that at one point or another

I'd double check the valves and make sure they're sealing correctly and opening all the way like they should. You should be able to set the motor at TDC and pull the inspection cover to make sure the lash is correct. And turn the motor over by hand and watch them to make sure they're opening and closing all the way. If you had a metal thing fall out, I can only guess that's a shim? If not seated right or if they were mixed up it could cause your valve lash to be incorrect
I think your 100%! correct sucks I gotta pull the motor again tho
Old 01-07-2020, 10:17 AM   #15
Crack
Gone Wild
Club Car

They sent the wrong cylinder gasket so I just used gasket maker that would have move the cylinder block down a smidge causing the lifters to be pushed up a tad and not close al the way makes perfect sense. Just ordered the gasket. I’m an idiot!
Old 01-07-2020, 10:24 AM   #16
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I've only worked on one of the KF82's, it had a slightly bent valve. But when I pulled the cylinder off, I just left the bottom end in the cart. REmove the carb, starter, exhaust, and shroud gave me access to everything to pull the cylinder, fix the valve and reinstall without any problems.

This was on a Carryall so I had plenty of access, not sure if that's as easy or possible with a DS though
Old 01-07-2020, 12:02 PM   #17
Crack
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I've only worked on one of the KF82's, it had a slightly bent valve. But when I pulled the cylinder off, I just left the bottom end in the cart. REmove the carb, starter, exhaust, and shroud gave me access to everything to pull the cylinder, fix the valve and reinstall without any problems.

This was on a Carryall so I had plenty of access, not sure if that's as easy or possible with a DS though
I’ll have to pull it out the long part was just un hooking everything
Old 01-08-2020, 12:56 PM   #18
Crack
Gone Wild
Club Car

One question, there a piece that site above the rockers and springs that does that go bump up or bump down? Or does it matter looks like a oil splash guard
Old 01-08-2020, 05:05 PM   #19
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack View Post
One question, there a piece that site above the rockers and springs that does that go bump up or bump down? Or does it matter looks like a oil splash guard
Is it visible in this diagram?

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 05:49 PM   #20
Crack
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Is it visible in this diagram?

Yes sir #23
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car