lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2020, 07:35 PM   #1
buggyAl
Getting Wild

Default FE350D different heads - why?

The below images refer to my question. The FE350D-AS27 head on the left appears to be a lower compression application. The other difference is that the AS27 has tappets not the hydraulic lifters that the AS11 has. Being it has tappets it also has adjustable rocker arms. This motor can be found it the 2009-2011 XRT800/810. The AS11 is a very common application in DS, Carryall, and Precedent models over many years. It appears that the only difference is the compression of head. This is marked in the second image.
A) Why would Club Car have a lower compression version? Was this for compliance for emissions?
B) Are these heads interchangeable? Components have the same part number.
C) Looking for some insight. The AS27 head that I have is cracked from the intake seat up through the spark plug hole. I have not had any luck finding a used one.

I am in search of a head for an FE350D
Attached Images
File Type: jpg InkedIMG_both.jpg (160.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg InkedIMG_Differance.jpg (81.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg FE350 Crack.jpg (104.9 KB, 0 views)
buggyAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2020, 09:18 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: FE350D different heads - why?

Does your engine have Automatic Compression Release?

I know that was a difference in the 350 and I think that's the determiner whether it gets hydraulic lash adjusters. Engines without ACR have solid lifters and screw lash adjusters. The difference in the chamber may be to accommodate the ACR. Don't really know for sure.

I probably wouldn't worry about the crack to be honest. It's not likely to cause any loss of compression, not likely to spread anywhere else, and this is not a liquid cooled engine so there's nowhere for combustion gases to get out through, or coolant to get in.
If the crack goes all the way into the rocker chamber then maybe it burns some oil for a few runs until it cokes up and fills the crack.
Another option could be to have it welded, and have the valve seat replaced by a machine shop.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:50 PM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

What Fairtax4me said
I never look close for cracks when I rebuild one of these small engines .
Yours does shine though
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:18 PM   #4
buggyAl
Getting Wild

I don't see any identification about that says compression release or W/O ACR.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:24 PM   #5
buggyAl
Getting Wild

Just looked up in the CC parts book and the AS27 is With out compression release
Old 01-25-2024, 06:04 PM   #6
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm in the same boat, appears to have been a replacement engine or a XRT 800 has solid tappets? Not sure on the years I am needing a good useable head for the FE350D to accept the manually adjusted rockers. there's a difference in the width of the bosses and also the combustion chambers are different.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240125_153155.jpg (139.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20240125_153158.jpg (177.7 KB, 0 views)
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carryall, fe350, kawasaki fe350
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car