lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2020, 07:53 AM   #1
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default 10 bolt clone blocks.

I was under the apparently the wrong impression that the only 2 sources of 10 bolt blocks were the VC unit and the very heavily ribbed unit Paulscarts sells on E bay. In Paul's case I e mailed him if the VC or ARC front covers fit his block. His answer was yes. He also said he has both 90 and 92 mm bore versions. Could these be the blocks for Duromax engines ? IF SO these engines could be a starting point for building up clones IF Vegascarts no longer imports the parts to build the DIY VC 460.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2020, 08:01 AM   #2
Stevop25
Gone Wild

Default Re: 10 bolt clone blocks.

Thanks for the info. I’m currently gathering parts for a swap and $316 delivered for the pull start 18hp Duromax is tempting. I’m going to leave the governor and retain pedal start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stevop25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 08:03 AM   #3
Stevop25
Gone Wild

Sorry $312. Looking at this one.

Old 04-19-2020, 08:14 AM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Maybe Bikermikie and Blackdeath will jump in here educate up on the Duromax engines. I was always under the impression that they were a lower quality clone.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:16 AM   #5
Stevop25
Gone Wild

The reviews are great on Amazon and totally suck for the predator which was weird. I saw a tier list a while back and lifan was over Duromax and Predator. Maybe the Duromax is being produced better now.

Old 04-19-2020, 08:21 AM   #6
Stevop25
Gone Wild

Only thing that’s holding me up on the Duromax is I can’t use the isolator spacer for the pulse to the fuel pump.

Old 04-19-2020, 09:10 AM   #7
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Somewhere on here someone figured out how to remedy that situation.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:17 AM   #8
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
I was under the apparently the wrong impression that the only 2 sources of 10 bolt blocks were the VC unit and the very heavily ribbed unit Paulscarts sells on E bay. In Paul's case I e mailed him if the VC or ARC front covers fit his block. His answer was yes. He also said he has both 90 and 92 mm bore versions. Could these be the blocks for Duromax engines ? IF SO these engines could be a starting point for building up clones IF Vegascarts no longer imports the parts to build the DIY VC 460.
Vegas carts is still offering their diy 460 kit. It says not available right now as they do no have any crankshafts to complete the kits. Geoff did tell me he is working on getting some crankshafts sent in via air so they can sell more kits. He was even open to possibility of selling kit to me without crankshaft so I could keep moving on the build and work the head/valve train in the mean time then order a crank from them if he got them in or from one of the 50 other places offering the 69mm stroker crankshaft online...
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 09:22 AM   #9
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Nobody hopes anymore than I do that they will continue to supply VC 460 engines. Someone else posted here that they were not going to continue supply them. Maybe Geoff will pipe in here.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:24 AM   #10
Stevop25
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Nobody hopes anymore than I do that they will continue to supply VC 460 engines. Someone else posted here that they were not going to continue supply them. Maybe Geoff will pipe in here.

I wanted the 460 for a while but with my kids riding I’m leaning toward a governed 420 or 440. Just don’t know what the best option is.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps