lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2020, 08:50 PM   #31
Stevop25
Gone Wild

Default Re: 10 bolt clone blocks.

Do I need to run a breather along with the pulse line? Or will the pulse vent enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stevop25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2020, 01:21 PM   #32
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevop25 View Post
Do I need to run a breather along with the pulse line? Or will the pulse vent enough?

Yes you will still need to vent the crankcase. Here is a link on how to setup the valve cover for pulse operation.

https://affordablegokarts.com/pages/...38625c16&_ss=r
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:08 PM   #33
Stevop25
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
Yes you will still need to vent the crankcase. Here is a link on how to setup the valve cover for pulse operation.

https://affordablegokarts.com/pages/...38625c16&_ss=r

Thank you sir. One question. Just got the VC adapter for air filter in today and it has a brass fitting on it. Could I use that?

Old 04-21-2020, 06:15 PM   #34
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

That is for venting the crankcase . Since it is upstream from the throttle plate I don't think there would be enough pulse to run a fuel pump. Nice piece of machining there.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:35 PM   #35
Stevop25
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
That is for venting the crankcase . Since it is upstream from the throttle plate I don't think there would be enough pulse to run a fuel pump. Nice piece of machining there.

Thank you sir. I’ll add the vent there and see if the valve cover port works for the pulse.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:25 PM   #36
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I put my pulse under the rocker cover, meaning low on the side so it comes out under the partition in there. The airbox return is above the partition. I also threaded that hole and ran it to my remote airbox. The pulse I used a smaller fitting takes about a 3/8 hole its maybe 1/8npt. I did another clone before and carb pulse blew too much pressure at idle had to run a return line using the stock G9 pump. So this one is fine until I do a speed run then it will puke tiny bit of oil in the line and start starving for fuel later. The line runs way forward to front of fuel tank almost to floor of cart. Normally it is fine I don't hit over 5K rpm unless I do a speed run. I bought a valve and hose to change up the pulse line hoping I can fix it but not got to it need to get the new carb cable connected first. Some people have run pulse above partition in top of cover and had it work but that is vented part to your airbox, there is that valve in there.

I tried the governor hole, the crank slings oil at that hole like nobodies business.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170604_172345.jpg (584.9 KB, 0 views)
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps