lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2020, 12:55 PM   #1
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Default EZGO RXV handset

OK So I have been working on carts for some time now. I have always gotten by with a meter and some guidance from service manuals and this forum. Well I now have another RXV that's DOA. So I broke down and ordered a hand set from Redhawk Curtis 1313-4331. I was told this would work on the RXV with the Danaher controller, however I believe I was misled as it does not have the correct cord.

So I guess my question is what do I need to do? can this be used with the correct cord? Where do I get the correct cord?
brokebuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2020, 12:59 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO RXV handset

That will NOT work with Danaher controllers, no cord gonna fix that. And, the one that works with danaher is very difficult to find. Maybe you could try & find the old kit ezgo offered to plug a 2five gauge into a Danaher rxv, it would read out fault codes.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 01:31 PM   #3
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Yep from what I gathered that is correct. Moving on from there I was at another shop and they plugged into the round plug on a pigtail under the seat on a txt48 to program the speed. I noticed I don't have that end on any of my cords just a 4 prong square plug like the run tow switch, and I also seen another guy do it with some type of little magic piece, we flipped the fwd/rev switched to verify what mode it was in, then he plugged in the magic piece it beeped 3 times and said there ya go. what is that piece? I guess this is only good for plugging directly into the controllers.

Did I really buy a useful tool? or is there something else out there that is better?
brokebuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:35 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You bought a good tool for 2010+ carts except for the rxv and that is 2012+. What you saw them use was a freedom dongle that has the round plug. Ezgo went to the square plug in like 2014. Before that you need an adapter to convert it from square to round. If you are handy you can make one.

Edit. Parts list post 965

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...=15316&page=97
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO