lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2009, 04:30 PM   #11
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Gas EZGO Won't Go

TeamRMS, I know your trying to help but please do not try and advise people on things you know nothing about. ASSuming these rearend are of the ring and pinion type is incorrect.

tykuhn, some of the carts have a neutral lockout on the rearend below where the shifter cables connect to the lever, the newer rears have the lockout on the f/r switch itself. regardless, both types have a provision for locking it in neutral. check them out and make sure your shifting cable is moving the selection lever on the rear.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #12
TeamRMS
Hey Wally, its the Beaver

E-Z-GO

Sorry if i stepped on anyones toes. i was just trying to be helpful. Again sorry.
TeamRMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #13
ruredy
Born Wild

your not stepping on any toes, but I ask that if your not sure about what your telling others you need to say so. we value input from all our member but we strive to make sure the info people receive is accurate.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:22 AM   #14
tykuhn
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Uh, Duh!

You won't believe what I did. All this checking to find out what was wrong and the problem is me.
As I said earlier, I found the spline in the brake drum was sheared. So I replaced...er, took off the drum, rumaged around, drank a beer, and like a fool put the sheared brake drum back on the axle.
I would never have figured this out except my neighbor came over to have a beer and he was interested. I decided to show him the sheared brake drum and to my amazement it had healed! Hmmmm, so I jacked it up again and this time replaced it. Guess what? Yep, all works well now.
Perhaps we should start a collection of the dumbest of all repairs. Maybe a Hall of Shame for Golf Cart Repairs or Duh Threads.
I humbly submit this for the initial entry.

Ty
tykuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #15
tykuhn
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

The noise was from the driven clutch. The bolt had fallen out and I lost the lock washer and retaining washer. It has almost stripped the inside (female) portion of the spline. I hope there is enough spline left on the male portion to hold on the new one when I receive it. Thanks for the diagram!
Old 07-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #16
BigRed77
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

this sounds like something I would do
BigRed77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #17
tykuhn
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

These golf carts sure humble a person don't they!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO