lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2021, 08:37 PM   #11
timstreet
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Lift Kit Advice g29

I have a Jake's 6" spindle lift and it does get squirrely at high speeds. Interested to hear about your block lift experience.
timstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2021, 01:57 PM   #12
BCGolfCarts
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

As posted earlier in this thread, i'm not happy with my MadJax 6" A-Arm kit on my G29 so I'm in the hunt for another kit to replace it.

I came across this Steeleng SGC 6” Lift Kit. Anyone have any suggestions about this kit?

https://steelenggolfcart.com/product...sion-lift-kit/

Sounds like jgregoir and myself is looking for recommendations for the same thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 457B6238-7D19-429E-8504-8DFFA1224CA8.jpeg (5.4 KB, 0 views)
BCGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:11 PM   #13
sodar
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I have a MadJax 6" A-Arm kit on my G29. If anyone is interested, I'd be willing to trade someone the lift for their stock suspension parts. I'd like to move down to a 4" lift, so I can fit the cart into my shed.
sodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:13 PM   #14
sodar
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

IMG_1681.jpg
sodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:57 PM   #15
LatonkaPiranha
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Sodar, I'll trade. Message me if you are serious!

Thanks,
Rob
LatonkaPiranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 03:17 PM   #16
jspen
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowindown View Post
I recently bought the 4” on eBay. It was $135. https://www.ebay.com/itm/363281805752

22” tires 12” rims from golfcarttiresupply.com
I have been looking at that cheaper ebay option. I just bought 20" tires for my G29 and it rubs, even though multiple places online, including the seller
, state 20" tires are fine with HD rear suspension. Anyways, its been about 2 months since you posted, are you still happy with the lift?
jspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 10:00 AM   #17
slowindown
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspen View Post
I have been looking at that cheaper ebay option. I just bought 20" tires for my G29 and it rubs, even though multiple places online, including the seller
, state 20" tires are fine with HD rear suspension. Anyways, its been about 2 months since you posted, are you still happy with the lift?
Yes, I'm perfectly content with the 4" lift. In many ways I like it better than the 6", both in usability and appearance. I have 22" tires, my instructions said to trim a little of the black rocker panel piece for clearance. So I did that with a cut off wheel on a dremel. You can see where I did that if you expand the pics I posted. Since you have 20" tires, the 4" lift would look better than the 6" in my opinion. Also, regardless of what inch lift you get, so long as your machine has a straight rear axle, the only additional rear ground clearance you'll get is half the size difference between your new and old tire heights as rear lifts merely lift the body higher above the rear axle.
slowindown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 03:11 PM   #18
Clubbababyseal
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgregoir View Post
HI All,

I'm looking to put a lift on my 2015 G29. I am currently highly considering the madjax a-arm kit, but torn between a 4" and a 6". Would anyone here be able to share some pics of their yamaha cart with a lift. I specifically want to look at some 4" and 6" lifts and compare to make my choice.

Also, interested in anyone who might have some different brands of lifts. Specifically GTW lift or block lifts. Totally new to this and I keep seeing the GTW lift and some random block lifts and wondering if they are any good. There are little to no customer reviews or pictures of carts online with these lifts in them. Maybe that's why i keep leaning towards the madjax a-arm, because there are so many customer install pics online. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
H

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Clubbababyseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:38 PM   #19
shearwater20
Not Yet Wild

BCgolfcarts, Did you ever get this SGC lift kit? If so, do yo like it?
shearwater20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 05:02 PM   #20
jgregoir
Not Yet Wild

I ended up going with the 4" BCG kit on my 2015 Yamaha. Really happy with it. Glad I didn't go with 6". 4" is high enough and any higher would look awkward and maybe wouldn't handle as well. I recommend the 4"
jgregoir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g29, gtw, lift, madjax, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha