lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2021, 07:54 AM   #1
Ferrisone28
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Sticky Throttle cable or arm?

Hello all. I cleaned and used dry moly lube on the connector arm to the left on picture 1. I removed the nut on top and cleaned / dry moly lubed the shoulder of the boss that is the rotation point as well as the shoulder bolt. I put on new throttle cable as my previous one had stretched, or so I thought. The linkage from the throttle spring to the governor arm (item 31) still wants to stick and force the butterfly valve on the carb to stay open?? This is also the max the valve will open. The butterfly spring operates fine manually and returns to position.

In the exploded view image, item 31 seems to be a bit "loose". I could not get the slotted head screw off this bugger. Im not sure if Im getting binding between all the connecting rods to the carb? I cant seem to get enough throttle to go on anything other than flat pavement.

Side question, how much throttle cable should be seen once connected at either connecting end?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GC1.JPG (41.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg GC2.JPG (44.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg GC3.JPG (80.0 KB, 0 views)
Ferrisone28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2021, 08:47 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Sticky Throttle cable or arm?

What kind of cart is this on?
Generally if the throttle is sticking wide open the throttle cable is the problem.
If you disconnect the cable and operate the linkage by hand does it still get stuck?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 09:32 AM   #3
Ferrisone28
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Sticky Throttle cable or arm?

87 Club Car DS. When operating linkage by hand it stays open. I dont show a return spring for those items on the schematics.

The coil return spring under the butterfly valve works when not attached to linkage and closes the throttle.

I will start to play with throttle cable tension. Right now I have around 1/8" of "slop" in the cable. Its a brand new cable.

Thanks!
Ferrisone28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car