lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2021, 03:08 PM   #11
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 600amp Navitas on 36v PDS Speed?

Tough decision isn't it?
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2021, 07:39 PM   #12
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
I agree with Imapled. I've abused my TXT and there are many aftermarket parts for whatever I want. The RXV is a very sensitive, rolling computer.

I love the mechanical brakes on my TXT and I set my regen so I almost never need the brakes but I have them.

*Even if* the RXV had more power than the Navitas in a TXT, I'd still go with the TXT. Just my $0.02
Ok, i've had a totally stock TXT for 3.5 yrs. It was very reliable but, what i've never missed are the ( noisy, uneven ) rear drum brake. The strong, wearless RXV motor brake is unbeatable and still fascinating for me. And i can't confirm any sensitivity or parking brake issue with the RXV for over 4 yrs now. You should know how it works... I love it... and with the new, awesome Navitas controller i love it twice.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:45 PM   #13
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The RXV brake isn't wearless.

The RXV uses regen braking *but* it is coupled with a singular disc brake module on the back of the motor. The regen is effectively wearless but the disc brake module is not. The disc brake on the back end of the motor is a friction brake and experiences wear like any other friction braking system.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 06:12 PM   #14
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, of course but, the tiny parking brake isn't designed as a service brake. Main function is to engage/disengage in standstill. As long as you'll avoid to push the brake pedal too far, causing the parking brake to engage at higher speed ( panic function ), wear should be no problem. I've took my brake apart in 2020 for inspection ( oem part, labled 2009 ), no visible sign of wear, very low amount of brake dust.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210921_132304.jpg (58.6 KB, 0 views)
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 10:20 AM   #15
coosa
Gone Wild

I can't help on the benefits of the AC system, but I can tell you that my 2002 PDS that is still on 36 volts, has an Alltrax 500 controller, and 22" tires will run 25 mph on flat pavement. I have another one that is a 2008 model with the same controller and tires, but I added another battery to make it 42 volts and an Admiral motor. That added 2 mph and it will run 27, but it has a lot more torque than the other cart. In actual driving conditions, there are hills that will slow it up and then speed it up on the other side and I've had it over 30, and that is way too fast for the cart.

Good luck deciding on your changes.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:17 AM   #16
Brent_Blacke
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for your input!! Are you running 22” tires without a lift? Any rubbing, think you could go any bigger?
Brent_Blacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO