lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2021, 02:25 PM   #1
gaiaenviro96
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EXGO PDS New Controller & Solenoid High speed reverse slow forward

Just installed a Navitas Controller and solenoid on my EZGO PDS that as a D&D custom motor. The car now moves slowly in forward but very fast in reverse. Obviously I've switched some wires, but can't figure out which. Dash switch doesn't change it. F1/F2 swap eliminates reverse. ANy thoughts?
gaiaenviro96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2021, 07:27 PM   #2
gaiaenviro96
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EXGO PDS New Controller & Solenoid High speed reverse slow forward

For those of you following along, here was the solution: EZGO PDS apparently had two different wiring diagrams PDS, and PDS II (who knew?). So I was following the PDS diagram when the PDS II was the correct one. I bought the golf cart probably 12+ years ago or so when I told the wife I wanted a golf cart for my birthday and she gave me a brown shirt instead. As a result I took the boys to pick out a golf cart and this is what they chose, purple really bad flames and white. It's on the 4th or 5th controller, a few sets of batteries, and second motor that is supposed to be high torque to handle our steep driveway (although it's hard to tell as steep as it is). It has a special sentimental value to me, so I keep rebuilding it every time it dies, typically after letting it sit for 6 months or so. As for the Navitas, not really appreciably different than the Alltrax XCT that I can tell, but the OTF programmer is a nice feature. Adding Regen on the downhill as desired is a good thing. I hope my posts are very infrequent and this stays the course of reliability...
gaiaenviro96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 12:41 AM   #3
FatBusting
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EXGO PDS New Controller & Solenoid High speed reverse slow forward

I'd check the forward/reverse switch, that the switch for going forward is actually moving the cart forwards.

On a club car i work on, the wires can be reverse such that reverse makes it go forwards, but on the reverse side of the switch it is a microswitch to electronically limit reverse to 50% speed. Looking at the switch would show that the cart is set to forward, but it is moving in reverse.
FatBusting is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO