lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2022, 03:22 PM   #1
Warden902
Getting Wild

Default 1995 ds

I was given a 1995 48 volt DS power drive. The guy that gave it to me did not know anything about it. I dropped in a set of batteries that are not the best but charged up to 50 volts. In reverse the buzzer will sound and when the pedal is pushed the solenoid clicks but no go. In forward the solenoid clicks and when the pedal is pressed all the way to the floor the cart moves slowly. If you let up on the pedal just a little bit the cart speeds up pretty fast. If you let up much off of the pedal the cart stops. It has had the MCOR 4 installed with the kit. It looks like it is a new addition. Where do I need to start to see what is wrong? It appears that they have a wire crossed on the MCOR.
Warden902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2022, 04:43 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1995 dcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warden902 View Post
I was given a 1995 48 volt DCS power drive. The guy that gave it to me did not know anything about it. I dropped in a set of batteries that are not the best but charged up to 50 volts. In reverse the buzzer will sound and when the pedal is pushed the solenoid clicks but no go. In forward the solenoid clicks and when the pedal is pressed all the way to the floor the cart moves slowly. If you let up on the pedal just a little bit the cart speeds up pretty fast. If you let up much off of the pedal the cart stops. It has had the MCOR 4 installed with the kit. It looks like it is a new addition. Where do I need to start to see what is wrong? It appears that they have a wire crossed on the MCOR.
Just to clarify You have a 1995 CC DS cart.
Unique to the 1995 48v cart was the 0-5k throttle potentiometer. When changing to MCOR you also changed to 5k-0 throttle. That should explain why the pedal acts in reverse of what you expect. The solution is to
1. replace the OEM 0-5k potentiometer.
2. Replace the controller with a 5K-0 compatible unit.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 07:48 PM   #3
Warden902
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Just to clarify You have a 1995 CC DS cart.
Unique to the 1995 48v cart was the 0-5k throttle potentiometer. When changing to MCOR you also changed to 5k-0 throttle. That should explain why the pedal acts in reverse of what you expect. The solution is to
1. replace the OEM 0-5k potentiometer.
2. Replace the controller with a 5K-0 compatible unit.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, this is a Club Car DS. It says Power Drive System 48 on the side. Can you tell me which potentiometer I need to buy from you to correct the problem? Did the cart originally have a MCOR or a V-glide
Old 01-29-2022, 09:28 PM   #4
Warden902
Getting Wild

scottyb,
I know you are a busy man and I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. I was able to go on youtube and find out the difference in the V Glides. I know what I need now. I may need a little help in making sure I get the wiring correct when I undo the splice job that was done to the cart.
Old 01-30-2022, 12:51 AM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

What is the serial number on the cart, and what color is the controller? Silver or black?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 10:32 AM   #6
Warden902
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
What is the serial number on the cart, and what color is the controller? Silver or black?
Serial # A9543 470103
It has the black controller
Old 01-31-2022, 06:36 PM   #7
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warden902 View Post
Did the cart originally have a MCOR or a V-glide
What Scotty was saying is that your cart had a potentiometer set up that Club Car tried then abandoned. It wasn't a V-glide or an MCOR. It was a 0-5k rotory potentiometer, like an old fashioned radio volume knob. The linkage off the pedal would swing am arm that would turn the knob.pedal up = close to 0 ohms resistance & pedal down would = close to 5000 ohms resistance. The newer MCOR systems are reversed pedal up = 5000, pedal down = 0. So your controller may think you are turning on and putting in gear with the accelerator floored, and locked out for safety. As I recall the wiring can be reversed to correct for that, but I don't recall off the top of my head which color wires to swap.

Last edited by meimk; 01-31-2022 at 06:39 PM.. Reason: Typo
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 08:39 PM   #8
Warden902
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
What Scotty was saying is that your cart had a potentiometer set up that Club Car tried then abandoned. It wasn't a V-glide or an MCOR. It was a 0-5k rotory potentiometer, like an old fashioned radio volume knob. The linkage off the pedal would swing am arm that would turn the knob.pedal up = close to 0 ohms resistance & pedal down would = close to 5000 ohms resistance. The newer MCOR systems are reversed pedal up = 5000, pedal down = 0. So your controller may think you are turning on and putting in gear with the accelerator floored, and locked out for safety. As I recall the wiring can be reversed to correct for that, but I don't recall off the top of my head which color wires to swap.

I am unable to tell what was in the cart originally. I have acquired a Vglide from a old cart. I have checked it and it show 0 at rest and a little over 5K at full rotation. The came out of a 1998 cart. When I looked at the area where the Vglide would be mounted and I see two holes where one could have been. I checked all of the wires going to the installed MCOR and they are all blacked spliced in. So my thought is the wires have been lengthened. I am going to dive into it tomorrow and see if they have been spliced and see if the colors on the Vglide match up. I will keep you posted.
Old 02-01-2022, 02:42 PM   #9
Warden902
Getting Wild

Default Re: 1995 ds

I dug into the cart and am 98% sure the cart came with a V-glide. All the wire had been extended running to the added MCOR. I cut the wires and wired in the V-glide. Turned key on and placed in forward. Engaged the V-glide and solenoid clicked. The V-glide acted the same way as the MCOR. Fully engaged was slow and as I disengaged it sped up. I am puzzled. I have taken a picture of the controller. I am sure this is a aftermarket. What is going on? If the MCOR uses 5K-0 and the V-glide is 0-5K why are they acting the same?
Old 02-01-2022, 02:48 PM   #10
Warden902
Getting Wild

Default Re: 1995 ds

1619F2E7-7BFF-4AA6-83F7-4F73F7BAE851.jpg

6C20A2B3-187D-4E9B-9A7E-3DBC7CC3EFDE.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by warden902 View Post

i dug into the cart and am 98% sure the cart came with a v-glide. All the wire had been extended running to the added mcor. I cut the wires and wired in the v-glide. Turned key on and placed in forward. Engaged the v-glide and solenoid clicked. The v-glide acted the same way as the mcor. Fully engaged was slow and as i disengaged it sped up. I am puzzled. I have taken a picture of the controller. I am sure this is a aftermarket. What is going on? If the mcor uses 5k-0 and the v-glide is 0-5k why are they acting the same?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car