lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2022, 08:13 PM   #1
TrevorB
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default New motor for 1990 36v?

I have a 1990 ds 36v that does 20 on a full charge. I want more speed.(specs below) The motor is upgraded, but old. It said 6.1hp. Is it worth getting a faster motor? Or do I need to upgrade to 48v batteries first? I can’t do them both at the same time.

Also, are motors fairly plug and play, or will I likely run into issues with it being an old cart? Like seized bolts and things.

Thanks guys!
TrevorB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2022, 11:29 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New motor for 1990 36v?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorB View Post
I have a 1990 ds 36v that does 20 on a full charge. I want more speed.(specs below) The motor is upgraded, but old. It said 6.1hp. Is it worth getting a faster motor? Or do I need to upgrade to 48v batteries first? I can’t do them both at the same time.

Also, are motors fairly plug and play, or will I likely run into issues with it being an old cart? Like seized bolts and things.

Thanks guys!
Your signature says 24 mph. That is great for a 36 volt cart. An AMD high speed motor will not get you any more speed and likely less.

It appears you are pretty well set up to go 48 volt with the Alltrax. This should give you a great improvement in speed. Going to lithium would add to that also due to less weight.

Let's see if some series cart experts can help you more.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 08:34 AM   #3
TrevorB
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have a stock F&R switch so I had to program it down so get a "smooth" reverse. Currently looking into an HD one with a microswitch for half-speed reverse.

Going Lithium is ideal, but a huge investment especially now with prices. Maybe that's more worth the money over a new motor. Also an easier transition.

Thanks for the input.
TrevorB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:33 AM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

You're welcome!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car