lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2022, 08:31 AM   #1
CoolByAccident
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 G23 JU6 48V U-Max - intermittent acceleration- speed sensor replacement?

As the title states, I have a 48V 2007 U-max (G23 JU6)
The cart usually drives fine but it seems to fall on it face sometimes, and it's usually when I'm on the throttle 100%.
I think it may be the speed sensor.
I did the key-on roll test while it was acting up and it didn't beep or resist rolling.

The sensor on the end of the motor doesn't look serviceable. Also, it appears to be discontinued.

Am I headed in the right direction?
Any tips or tricks you can share??

Thanks in advance.
-Ben
CoolByAccident is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2022, 08:35 AM   #2
CoolByAccident
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2007 G23 JU6 48V U-Max - intermittent acceleration- speed sensor replacement?

Sorry for replying to my own post first.
I attached a picture of my U-Max dubbed Mario [kart].
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220403_143247.jpg (205.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-15-2022, 04:25 PM   #3
CoolByAccident
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2007 G23 JU6 48V U-Max - intermittent acceleration- speed sensor replacement?

Finally got a chance to dig into this thing.
I took all the inspection covers off the motor and there was a LOT of brush dust in there. But the brushes looked like they had 3/4+ of their life left. I blew out all that debris. The commutator looked to be in really good shape from what I could tell. I unplugged the speed sensor and blew air around that area the best I could while spinning it. Put all that back together and went to the pedal.
Unplugged the pedal and tested that resistance. Around 40 ohms at rest and 3950-4050 at full throttle. I adjusted that linkage to get it around 120 at rest and 4800 at full throttle. While tightening that linkage I found that if I rotated the linkage shaft, the at rest resistance would just anywhere from 80 ohms to 240 ohms. I snugged it down where it was 120 ohms and tried twisting it and it wouldn't change resistance value. I then tightened that just slightly over tight to lock it in place. I put it back together and it hasn't stuttered or went in "limp" mode since. (From reading, I'm pretty sure these don't have limp mode, but that's what it feels like)

Anyways, there's almost 0 information on this kart ANYWHERE. Here or anywhere else on the internet.
I can find an exploded parts diagram but that's about it.
Can't even find info about this GE electric motor that's on it.

I'll update if/when it messes up again.
Old 04-20-2022, 05:16 PM   #4
CoolByAccident
Not Yet Wild

It lasted several days, buy it started acting up again. 🤦🏻
Guess next step is to take the motor apart and inspect it
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha