lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2022, 06:18 PM   #1
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default What clone are you running?

I like clones, and I'm curious what clones you are currently running or what engines have you run in the past?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2022, 06:22 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: What clone are you running?

I'll start

My first clone was a Vegas Carts 440 Gen2.

Second clone was a Vegas Carts 460, but really it was the same engine that I upgraded and built with all the goodies.

I have used a Predator 420, decent engine in stock form, pretty quiet.

I had a cart with a Duromax 440, also stock, good powerful engine.

I also have used the Predator 670, which I consider a Honda clone. I know the cc is much larger, but I'm told it's a copy of the Honda 24.

I liked all of them except the Vegas 460 was a little finicky, probably carb related, but it was a screamer with the slide carb.
Old 04-28-2022, 11:52 AM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I ran a HF 212 with a Torq-A-Verter in a metal bodied metalist and it was actually quite a fun ride! Not a 440 by any means but still fun. It'd get up to 23mph before valve float kept it from going faster. I ran that for a year or so, then sold it to some guy whose daughters used it like an ATV on their property and beat the snot out of it. last I saw the Kill switch came off of it and they loaded it on the trailer running, secured it and drove off with it still running on the trailer! Didn't even turn off the fuel!

My next clone is a Husqvarna 208cc in a mobility scooter... It should arrive in a couple days. Other than that I've been bouncing around the sparky forums.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 05:06 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
I ran a HF 212 with a Torq-A-Verter in a metal bodied metalist and it was actually quite a fun ride! Not a 440 by any means but still fun. It'd get up to 23mph before valve float kept it from going faster. I ran that for a year or so, then sold it to some guy whose daughters used it like an ATV on their property and beat the snot out of it. last I saw the Kill switch came off of it and they loaded it on the trailer running, secured it and drove off with it still running on the trailer! Didn't even turn off the fuel!

My next clone is a Husqvarna 208cc in a mobility scooter... It should arrive in a couple days. Other than that I've been bouncing around the sparky forums.
Cool! I've used a 212 before. It was in my son's little go kart, very fast in that machine. I've seen a few use them in golf carts with good success, probably very similar to a stock powerplant, at a fraction of the cost.

I've never seen a Husky clone, post some pics!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps