lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2022, 09:09 PM   #1
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default 98 G-16 Won't Run

Hey everybody. 1998 G-16 36 volt. (New to me, not running) New, fully charged batteries. No go. Solenoid does click. No cable going to A2 on the controller. I read somewhere that not all of these have a cable going to A2. Is this true? Also, there is a tab near A2 on the controller with no wire going to it.

Troubleshooting the basics, I removed the key switch, and sure enough one wire was loose from the connector. "Hot" side reads pack voltage and "cold" side reads about 17 volts. Oddly enough, the solenoid clicks when pressing the go pedal without the key switch in the cart. "Hot side" of solenoid large post reads pack voltage, other side reads slightly less, but shows pack voltage after engaging. I don't see a pre-charge resistor there, but I'm not familiar with this solenoid. Does it have one built in?

The only diagram I can find for this cart shows something going to A2.

Any and all suggestions what to do here greatly appreciated. I am not at all familiar with the Yamaha carts.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2022, 05:40 AM   #2
Half Vast
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 98 G-16 Won't Run

See if this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Yamaha-wiring-G14-G16-.pdf (45.7 KB, 0 views)
Half Vast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 03:13 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Vast View Post
See if this helps.
Thank you Half Vast. This looks more like what I have.
Old 04-17-2022, 05:24 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Well today solenoid won't click with or without key on. But, I think I have a larger problem I hope somebody can confirm.

The cart has a Curtis 1204M-5303 controller which would require a 0-5k throttle (Club Car) input. If my research is correct, this cart should have a Curtis 1205M-5607 which uses a 0-1k throttle input. Can anybody verify that this would be the correct controller?

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2022, 06:28 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Does anybody know?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha