lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2022, 01:30 PM   #1
TruthHurts21
Not Yet Wild

Default New to me 2016 yamaha g29

So i just bought another yamaha g29. 2016 model. Got it for a fair price. Just needs batteries so he said. They were completely dead and stored. One had less than a volt.I managed to charge the pack up but after charging overnight resting voltage was 49.9. I did get the cart to move bit its jerky and weird noise coming from motor. High pitch noise that goes up and down. The noise stays steady when i press the pedal. Looks like it has aftermarket fsip sx controller. When i was riding it the pack voltage went down to 44. Would that cause jerkiness? I would assume so. Im hoping to score on some used like new batteries but might just go new. Also something i noticed. When i was trying to operate last night before battery charger was done i noticed solenoid was getting very warm just sitting there. It would not move at that point. I guess i need to get batteries first to eliminate that. I just wasnt sure if i should test other items and i wanted to see if anyone could link to a trouble shooting guide. Is it all covered in the service manual?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220417_142722.jpg (212.3 KB, 0 views)
TruthHurts21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2022, 07:40 PM   #2
TruthHurts21
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New to me 2016 yamaha g29

A little more info. It takes a few presses of the pedal for it to move sometimes it won't. I have to press the pedal more than halfway down then it lurches forward. The weird modulated noise is defiantely coming from the motor. If i tap on it it kinda changes tone and sometimes it will activate solenoid once or just keep activating it on off on off. Even though this battery pack is 6 years old it seems to be holding voltage. But would bad batteries cause this behavior? Figured it would just run slower or not have enough power.
TruthHurts21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha