lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
cartbug
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Question 1999 G16 Yamaha Gas Cart won't start

We have a 1999 G16 Yamaha Cart that has been sitting idle for approx 2 years. We tried to start it this year and it won't start. We have changed the battery, the lights work but the engine won't turn over or start. Where do we start to get this working? Thanks for the help
cartbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2009, 04:33 PM   #2
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: 1999 G16 Yamaha Gas Cart won't start

Does the starter run when you push the gas? If not, can you hear any clicking from the engine compartment when you push the gas?

If not, there is a black box right behind the battery, take the cover off locate the 10 amp fuse and replace it.

If that gets it running, you want to consider replacing the old gas, changing the oil, and cleaning the carb.

Good luck Cartbug
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #3
cartbug
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks so much we will try this right away. Do you happen to know which is the positive and negative lines for the battery? One line has a blk cover and one line doesn't which line is which,
Old 06-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

I beleive the positive off the battery goes into the same box and connects to the solenoid.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #5
cartbug
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

OK we tried the fuse it was blown, put a new one in but still won't start. It does click however, so the fuse was part of the problem. Any other suggestions? Thanks
Old 06-29-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Unless the engine is seized or you put a discharged battery in it? The starter should be turning and thus the engine. You need to get the starter turning the engine before I have anything else.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #7
busdriverdan
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Does the starter run when you push the gas? If not, can you hear any clicking from the engine compartment when you push the gas?

If not, there is a black box right behind the battery, take the cover off locate the 10 amp fuse and replace it.

If that gets it running, you want to consider replacing the old gas, changing the oil, and cleaning the carb.

Good luck Cartbug
This actually solved MY problem! I installed a headlight kit last night and when I was done the headlights worked but the rest of the cart didn't. I assumed I must have cut a wire somehow so I spent an hour tracing the wires and screwing around. After I read your post it was a 30 second fix!

THANKS!
busdriverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #8
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Glad it helped. Remember, never ground anything on a yami to anything other than the negative on the battery.

Tags
cart dead
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha