lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Honda GX parts source?

Anyone have a good source for OE and performance parts for Honda 20 and 24's.
I'm looking for parts beyond headers and intakes.
I.E. rev kits, carbs, maybe roller rockers?? etc.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #2
turboaz2
Gone Wild

Default Re: Honda GX parts source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Anyone have a good source for OE and performance parts for Honda 20 and 24's.
I'm looking for parts beyond headers and intakes.
I.E. rev kits, carbs, maybe roller rockers?? etc.
For OEM parts, look at the parts list on the sticky at the top of the section. I have found that www.boats.net has the lowest prices. But you have to know the part number.

For performance parts, look to the GX390 parts. many places sell springs, roller rockers and what not. GX390 springs and rockers are the same as the gx670/gx620. Also, I'm sure some of our sponsors sell springs and intakes for the GX670.

As far as carbs go, I would run a large single around 36 to 38mm. Or duals in the 28mm range. Unless you plan to run above 5000rpm.

I have a gx620 with a 36mm mikuni BSR CV carb that runs beautifully to 4500RPM with just springs.

CV type carbs work very well to maintain torque and velocity at low engine speeds.
turboaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Thanks Taz, but where do you get your parts from?
I'm thinking about changing to a 2bbl on my 620 so I need to find the intake and carb.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboaz2 View Post
For OEM parts, look at the parts list on the sticky at the top of the section. I have found that www.boats.net has the lowest prices. But you have to know the part number.

For performance parts, look to the GX390 parts. many places sell springs, roller rockers and what not. GX390 springs and rockers are the same as the gx670/gx620. Also, Buggies Unlimited sells springs and intakes for the GX670.

As far as carbs go, I would run a large single around 36 to 38mm. Or duals in the 28mm range. Unless you plan to run above 5000rpm.

I have a gx620 with a 36mm mikuni BSR CV carb that runs beautifully to 4500RPM with just springs.

what size tire???? our stock honda builds with the header run 5000 rpm all day with 25" tall tires
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
turboaz2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedCarts View Post
what size tire???? our stock honda builds with the header run 5000 rpm all day with 25" tall tires
I've got 27" on the cart now. I ran 5k with the 25's when I had them.

I've gotta keep the Rpm's down a bit because the kids drive it from time to time.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
turboaz2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Thanks Taz, but where do you get your parts from?
I'm thinking about changing to a 2bbl on my 620 so I need to find the intake and carb.
for OEM Parts use boats.net

if you want performance parts affordable go karts and Parsons racing engines sell GX390 stuff.

For the intake, I just made a aluminum adapter for the intake to mate up to the carb.

Not too tough.

Most of the carts I build are worked on a daily basis on construction sites and need the reliability for the stock rev limit.

My personal cart is a Yamaha G21.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:39 AM   #7
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Sorry, forgot to say thanks Taz
Old 08-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Did anyone notice the 'new' Honda GX390 has a CDI coil? My stock yami has a CDI yet nobody seems to offer one that advances for the GX. Going to drop a clone GX390 in and was looking at stuff. Lots of stuff out there for 390s, I bought some at Affordable Go Karts the intake spacer with pulse is $10. I'm wanting to drop a cam in mine before I put it in the cart lol! But most of those places are for karts and minibikes, they don't really talk much about CVT use like in a GC where you need solid bottom end and some revs....unless you clutch it hard for trail use only. Have found some forums talking about using them in yerfdog carts.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps