lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2010, 08:00 AM   #11
bugfuzzywormie
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: gear change??

the gears cost me 298.00. that included gears,gasket, and shipping. it was fairly easy. tom @ cartparts plus told me to leave left side of rear in cart. i took off right rear tire, unhooked brake cable, u-bolts on right side only,onbolted swing arm under rear, unbolted case and other brackets, i pulled case apart with axle tube and brake drum still on rear, the right side is basically an empty housing--unbolted large gear from differencial,pull out--had to use press to get bearing off old gear,old bearing tap right on new gear very easy. sit that aside for a minute. i took 2 finger puller and pulled bearing off shaft that holds small gear,small gear and spacers slide off easily,slide new small gear back on with spacers in proper place, tap bearing back on shaft---now put new large gear back on, bolt back onto diff. clean surface ares-put housing back on.----this may not be the correct procedure,but it worked for me. also had 36.00 in syn. gear oil. ---------i havent measured my belt yet,but i will next chance i get. i think it may be shorter because it takes off alot faster than my neighbors cart. i will let u know. other than gov. turned in a little this cart doesnt have any mods that i know of, 22 inch tires-------forgot i had to pull muffler off first to get housing off,sorry. 295 cc engine.
bugfuzzywormie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #12
Cheesy
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the additional info. Greatly Appreciated! By the sounds of your other post, this mod was well worth the money to you! Considering this mod myself, and have to ask. You state that you never noticed any lose in the bottom end, but have you tested it while under load, climbing hills? Curious to know, as there are many hills in my park.

Thanks, Cheesy!
Cheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #13
ZZTOP
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

sounds like it went well--
ZZTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #14
bugfuzzywormie
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

we dont have any hills----found out today it pulls a sled through snow pretty good with 5 teenage girls on it. i did use my truck to pack snow a little. we got abt 14 inches. it wouldnt go through 14 inches too well. even with lift kit and big tires ,sometimes u just dont have enough!! kids had a great time!!
bugfuzzywormie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO