lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
crcellis
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2006 EZGO TXT Gas power/speed question

Hello all and thanks in advance from a first-time poster.

I just purchased a 2006 EZGO Gas in really good shape. I was wondering what I need to do to get better top-end speed. I know the cart was set for 12-14 mph from the factory before it was put on the golf course, but I'd like it to go a little faster at minimal cost.

When I press the accelerator pedal, it has great takeoff but I guess the governor then kicks in and it tapers off. Actually, it feels like it slows some when it hits "cruising speed."

I understand it is just 295cc and a 9hp engine, so I won't ever have a speed-demon (nor do I want one), I'd just like to get 20-25 mph top end. My first mod will be bigger tires (still has golf course tires on it) and a lift kit. I'm hoping that will give me a little more speed.

I guess my real question is: will adjusting the governor slightly give me the speed I want and, if so, is it worth the increased wear on the engine?

Also, what would be the best tire/wheel combo for pavement driving while considering cost? I'd obviously like to find decent tires at a low price. I will only use the cart for neighborhood cruising on blacktop and some very light off-road driving.

Thanks again for any help.
crcellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 EZGO TXT Gas power/speed question

Ezgo governor adjustment 4 strokes ( 1 2) Try this... If the link doesn't work properly, go to the ez go tech forum.. Scroll down and there is a full layout of gov. adj. to help you achieve the desired top end your lookin for.. With any increaed rpm, engine wear is increased. However, moderation is the key. A little aint gonna hurt. The preset from ez go is a safety factor as well as a way to prolong engine life. Anyway, just try a little at the time to get what you want. These little engines are tough. As far as the tires go, it's really buyers choice in my mind. Hope this helps.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #3
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2006 EZGO TXT Gas power/speed question

06s have a cover over the governor adjustment that you will have to drill the rivets to get to, then tighten the nut, I wouldn't go to far with it. I just lifted an 06 with an EZGO 5" factory lift (came with spindles) and used 23x10.5x12 Duro Deserts, good all around tires. I would do that first before messing with the governor, fast enough for me.

Take a look ..
http://www.frontiernet.net/~irishhills/06-1.JPG
http://www.frontiernet.net/~irishhills/06-3.JPG
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO