lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
GADave
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha rear shocks - Is there a difference?

I've been looking for heavy duty springs for the rear shocks on my G16. I've found that there are two rear shock/spring combinations made for this cart - One is part # JN3F22100000 and the other is # JN4F221000000.

The ones on my cart are JN3 (stamped into the shock). They claim the JN4 is a "heavy duty" version used on electric carts for the extra weight of the batteries. I can get a pair of the JN4's MUCH cheaper than I can buy heavy duty replacement springs for mine.

Question is - Does a JN4 shock compare to a JN3 with heavy duty springs on it?

I hope someone knows cause I'm clueless (as usual), and don't want to fall for hype

Dave
GADave is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2007, 09:29 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

The shocks off an electric will be a little more sturdy but not a great step up. If you are anticipating a great deal of weight on the rear of the cart, I would probably go with the HD spring kit. Check at Auto Zone back where they sale the HD spring and lowering kits for trucks. They have a spring kit for shocks there but I'm not sure if it will work on a golf cart. If I remember correctly, it is only around $20 or $30. Worth checking. Also check on some air shocks. These parts stores have a lot things that can be fabbed onto golf carts.
spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:26 PM   #3
Clayboy
Gone Wild

Dave, I found these shocks at a used atv dealer. They are from a Yamaha Warrior. They are about 4 inches longer than stock and are adjustable. I have them set on the lightest setting and am very happy with them. I think I gave about 30 bucks for them.

Clayboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:45 PM   #4
kipg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

what kind of price have you found on the shocks. I'm in need of a new set.
kipg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:21 PM   #5
GADave
Not Yet Wild

Check eBay - Have seen the JN3's for $20 pair and JN4's for $40 pair - both are used and +shipping.

Dave
GADave is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha