lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
FormerHR
Not Yet Wild

Default New Bumper Needed

My daughter wrecked our 2007 ST in our yard. I BELIEVE what happened what was her brother was following (or chasing) her on the four wheeler and she was spending more time looking backwards than she was forward. Nobody will admit to this though, even have after heavy separating both suspects during heavy interrogation. Anyway, she tried to move an oak tree with the cart and came to an abrupt stop.

The front cowl is pretty scratched, bent up the bumper and folded it back and under the cart, and bent the aluminum strip around the canopy in. I popped the dent out of the cowl, but it's still got an area where it's sunk in. I looked for new cowls and at prices of $400 plus some substantial shipping charges, I can live with the cowl.

The bumper though, that's another story. I think it saved some damage from the oak tree so I'd like to get that replaced. I checked Ranch Hand and they don't make a full replacement bumper for the ST, which I'd like to have because I'm sure eventually we're going to let the daughter get back on it. Anyone have good recommendations and pictures of replacement bumpers?

Thanks,

I'll be in the garage if anyone needs me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart Vs Tree (2).jpg (70.3 KB, 15 views)
FormerHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: New Bumper Needed

OUCH.............as long as the kids are ok..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
FormerHR
Not Yet Wild

Yeah, the girls good. She did end up with a bloody nose though. (From the wreck, not the parents! )
Old 07-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #4
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

wow...that could have been really bad. my step son used to drive my cart like that.....untill he and his friend blew it up. i can remember a few times when my wife and i spotted him heading straight for a tree. not sure what he was looking at, but he definately wasn't looking where he was going. that was a couple of years ago. now he's 15, and we aren't in a real big hurry to turn him loose on the road with a license to drive. side note: in spite of all of driving skill he has demonstrated on my cart, his 4 wheeler, and various other things that move.........he is convinced that he is a superior driver. go figure. right now at this very moment the kid is recovering from a crash last weekend on his 4 wheeler. in the last 6 months: one concussion requiring an overnight stay in the hospital, one broken foot, various lumps and bruises etc....... we think the kid is unsafe at any speed. should have named him 'corvair'.
kevinandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #5
FormerHR
Not Yet Wild

Got the front cowl popped back out, straightened the canopy rim (although you can see it's still a little out of shape), and got the new bumper on. Maybe one day I'll replace the cowl

Kudos to Player's Golf Cars out of Rockford, Illinois. They had the bumper in stock and the best price I found plus only $20 to ship down to Texas. Ordered Tuesday afternoon and had it here this morning. Thanks Player's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-1 (3).JPG (382.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #6
casper4203
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Kids have no fear. These smaller incidents "MAY" so them to be fearfull.
casper4203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO