lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
tiger275
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Tiger's MPT1200 mod thread

Hey all... Sorry for the long post.

I finally got a cart (2007 MPT 1200) and am getting ready to join the modification rodeo.

I am going to keep this thread for my mods (and associated questions) and use separate threads for repair and maintenance questions.

I suspect it will take a little while to learn all the tricks but since this is my first cart but I am already feeling very well equipped with the knowledge gained from my lurking over the past few months.

At this point, all I have done to the beast is... change the oil to Mobile 1 (man the filter was diiirrrtttttyy), change the spark plugs, loosen the governor a little, put on a new belt (shorter), and order a few parts for the initial mods.

I am not sure it is clear in these pictures, but the tires don't match (mild turfs on the rear and slicks on the front). So my mod "wish list" is already starting to grow... here is a sample...
  • Long travel lift kit (front and rear)...or at least a lift
  • New tires (need something that will reduce the slipping on my steep hills)
  • electric lift (already ordered some parts off ebay for this - )
  • windshield (gotta make momma happy)
  • hour meter
  • brake lights and mirror (the 2yo and 4yo love to cruise the hood)
  • maybe a Limited slip diff (if the tires and lift don't help me get more traction)
  • seat for the dump bed (would love the one that just slides into the receiver/hitch)

Any ideas on other "critical" mods, or, if you have any insight/lessons learned on the mods listed (to help me avoid rookie mistakes) please let me know.

This is primarily going to be a yard cart/drive down to the dock cart but will see some time on the roads around the hood since the boys think it is a hoot to ride.

Anyway, here is the victim "before mods" (or at least before any significant mods...since I already changed to a shorter belt)

That's all I can think of for now...wish me luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG7071 (Medium).JPG (82.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG7074 (Medium).JPG (76.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG7075 (Medium).JPG (76.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG7076 (Medium).JPG (84.6 KB, 21 views)
tiger275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2011, 06:39 AM   #2
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: Tiger's MPT1200 mod thread

Congrats Tiger. The 1200's are real easy for all the stuff you want to do. They are basically a TXT with an extra 12 inches under the seat.
The long travel front will give you a real nice ride over rougher terrain. The long travel rear may not work real well with a seat back there?
Here is a link to the evolution of my Workhorse 1200.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...yard-cart.html

Obviously, you can stop wherever you want.

I would also look at Big Mules threads and Scottyb's threads.

Good luck and have fun
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #3
tiger275
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Scot,

You mentioned in one of the later posts in your thread that you when back to stock shocks and HD springs. Any chance you have some pics of the whole rear setup?

Of all the mods I am planning at this point, the rear suspension has me the most concerned. I want to lift and improve the ride but don't want to diminish the whole purpose of a MPT1200.

Ed
tiger275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:19 AM   #4
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger275 View Post
Scot,

You mentioned in one of the later posts in your thread that you when back to stock shocks and HD springs. Any chance you have some pics of the whole rear setup?

Of all the mods I am planning at this point, the rear suspension has me the most concerned. I want to lift and improve the ride but don't want to diminish the whole purpose of a MPT1200.

Ed
I can get a pic of it. I actually went to a lighter spring, (TXT) and the stock shock. The ride was real stiff with the hd springs.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO