lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2011, 12:09 AM   #21
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Engine rebuild

Mine but does a bit on take off but does not smoke when I am on it. If I am putting around then get on it I get a little ................
kcnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2011, 10:53 PM   #22
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnaz View Post
Mine but does a bit on take off but does not smoke when I am on it. If I am putting around then get on it I get a little ................
Must have been sun baked when I posted this....
Mine smokes a bit when I have been putting around and then get on it. Like it builds up oil then quickly burns it off. Otherwise it does not smoke.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:09 PM   #23
ky_mike
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnaz View Post
Must have been sun baked when I posted this....
Mine smokes a bit when I have been putting around and then get on it. Like it builds up oil then quickly burns it off. Otherwise it does not smoke.
That's about what mine does.
ky_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #24
rockinr382
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Location: England.live in a small Hamlet(village) poulation28

Mike, I just joined the forum, I live in England, United |Kingdom and have a G1 gas cart, I am having trouble locating the engine tensioner even though I downloaded the service manual,did you take any photo's when you did your rebuild or have you a picture showing the tensioner.My cart really vibrates and the belt grabs when trying to pull away,can you give me any advice please,
Very best regards, rockinr382
rockinr382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #25
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Check your engine mounts also. Look on the TNT golf cart site, they have a diagram of factory parts that should show it.

Ky_mike the rings might have a better seal when they wear in, they will not seal good if you didn't hone it. Are you running the oil injection? Did you deck the head that helps.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #26
ky_mike
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I didn't deck the head. I'll try another compression check to see if there is a difference. The cart still runs great other than it's still smoker than I would like. I am not running the oil injection. I premix at about 75:1.

Only other thing that is different is I have to use the choke to get it started now and I never had to before I did the rings.
ky_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:02 AM   #27
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote: "Only other thing that is different is I have to use the choke to get it started now and I never had to before I did the rings."

Do you have to choke it everytime?
I have to choke mine initially but it starts fine afterwards.
If its a warm day it starts easier....if its a cooler day it takes a bit more choke.....just for reference for ya. This is my first golf cart so I really don't have a clue about it should act.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #28
dwmmatt23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

good info heading into a rebuild of my own
dwmmatt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:57 PM   #29
andydotson
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I'm having same issues. How can I tell if my G1 engine is 1982? I know the cart itself is a 1982 and I need to rebuild and am having problems figuring out what parts to use for a 1982! It's very confusing
andydotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha